cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenVitug
Level 8

The specified record was not found upon opening app

I have several PowerApps using CDS entities . They have been working properly for almost 1 year now and suddenly starting last thursday, when the apps are opened, the error message right away fires "The specified record was not found" It's like the whole database is gone, but when you view data from entity, it's still there. the apps cannot access it. Please help, these are our VISITORS MANAGEMENT Applications (2 apps) and our Factory SAFETY Reporting APPS 😞 I don't know how to help the users.
5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: The specified record was not found upon opening app

Hi  @JenVitug,

Please check the CDS connection, is it connecting properly? Please just try to update the connection to see if it will work.

Do all the apps that were created based on CDS entities have the same issue?

Could you try to create a new app that relies on CDS entity to see if you will still get the issue?

Besides, apps that are based on CDS entities could be opened without issue on my side.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
JenVitug
Level 8

Hi Attaching har file and session ID and logs for support:

Session ID: d732988b-4ec4-453d-b13c-32ba99e863bd
PowerApps 3.18112.16

JenVitug
Level 8

@v-yamao-msft hi,

I tried to remove and CDS Entity and when trying to RE-ADD the DataSource, this is the error  (I cannot add the CDS Entity BACK    now 😞 😞 😞  (Panic):

I also tried creating a new app using CDS connection , but upon choosing the Datasource for the CDS it has the same error  (see short clip)

{
"error": {
"code": 404,
"source": "asia-001.azure-apim.net",
"clientRequestId": "375a0f36-4a7a-44ef-9505-e005f04c6241",
"message": "The response is not in a JSON format.",
"innerError": "<!DOCTYPE html>\r\n<html>\r\n<head>\r\n <title>Microsoft Azure Web App - Error 404</title>\r\n <style type=\"text/css\">\r\n html {\r\n height: 100%;\r\n width: 100%;\r\n }\r\n\r\n #feature {\r\n width: 960px;\r\n margin: 75px auto 0 auto;\r\n overflow: auto;\r\n }\r\n\r\n #content {\r\n font-family: \"Segoe UI\";\r\n font-weight: normal;\r\n font-size: 22px;\r\n color: #ffffff;\r\n float: left;\r\n margin-top: 68px;\r\n margin-left: 0px;\r\n vertical-align: middle;\r\n }\r\n\r\n #content h1 {\r\n font-family: \"Segoe UI Light\";\r\n color: #ffffff;\r\n font-weight: normal;\r\n font-size: 60px;\r\n line-height: 48pt;\r\n width: 800px;\r\n }\r\n\r\n a, a:visited, a:active, a:hover {\r\n color: #ffffff;\r\n }\r\n\r\n #content a.button {\r\n background: #0DBCF2;\r\n border: 1px solid #FFFFFF;\r\n color: #FFFFFF;\r\n display: inline-block;\r\n font-family: Segoe UI;\r\n font-size: 24px;\r\n line-height: 46px;\r\n margin-top: 10px;\r\n padding: 0 15px 3px;\r\n text-decoration: none;\r\n }\r\n\r\n #content a.button img {\r\n float: right;\r\n padding: 10px 0 0 15px;\r\n }\r\n\r\n #content a.button:hover {\r\n background: #1C75BC;\r\n }\r\n </style>\r\n <script type=\"text/javascript\">\r\n function toggle_visibility(id) {\r\n var e = document.getElementById(id);\r\n if (e.style.display == 'block')\r\n e.style.display = 'none';\r\n else\r\n e.style.display = 'block';\r\n }\r\n </script>\r\n</head>\r\n<body bgcolor=\"#00abec\">\r\n <div id=\"feature\">\r\n <div id=\"content\">\r\n <h1>404 Web Site not found.</h1>\r\n <p>You may be seeing this error due to one of the reasons listed below :</p>\r\n <ul>\r\n <li>Custom domain has not been configured inside Azure. See <a href=\"https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service-web/app-service-web-tutorial-custom-domain\">how to map an existing domain</a> to resolve this.</li>\r\n <li>Client cache is still pointing the domain to old IP address. Clear the cache by running the command <i>ipconfig/flushdns.</i></li>\r\n </ul>\r\n <p>Checkout <a href=\"https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/appserviceteam/2017/08/08/faq-app-service-domain-preview-and-custom... Service Domain FAQ</a> for more questions.</p>\r\n </div>\r\n </div>\r\n</body>\r\n</html>\r\n"
}
}

Session ID: 05cf4a41-a18d-4215-a3b6-ef30d0cf3751

JenVitug
Level 8

@v-yamao-msft have done all your suggestions but still the apps are having the same error. I have already raised a ticket with Microsoft (1 week ago)  and to-date , it is still unresolved. 

[REG:118120519418181] PowerApps Pro Limited - All PowerApps using the CDS connection has stopped working , Error "Specified record was not found" at the homepage of each app Initial Response

PowerApps is now so unreliable, all our production apps using CDS have not been in use for almost 2 weeks now.

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

adding in @CWesener to assist 

@TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,438)