cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pebano
Level: Powered On

There was a propblem saving your changes. The data source may be invalid.

I have created an app that sends data to a SharePoint list. Due to some new requirements I had to add two new fields to my SharePoint list. Then I added these fields to the app, and this is when the problem started. After I added these fields to one of these forms, I get the message "There was a problem saving your changes. The data source may be invalid."

My app has several forms, where I collect different data. The error occurs regardless of which form I save, with our without the new fields.

Still, my conclusion is that the problem has something to do with the two new fields. Since the app worked perfectly before adding them. I have tried to refresh the data source, but with no luck. I've also tried to remove and add fields without any luck.

I had a similar problem on another app and solved it by building the app from scratch and everything worked just fine.

Since I spent many hours creating this app, I really don’t want to start from the beginning every time I add a new field to the SharePoint list and app.

There must be something I could do to avoid this and is there a way to trace the error? Is it related to a specific field?

Hopefully someone out there has encountered the same problem and have a solution for this.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pebano

Re: There was a propblem saving your changes. The data source may be invalid.

Hi!

I finally figured out the problem. It was related to the list settings I had put on one of the new fields. It was a "choice field" that I by accident had set to be "Enforce unique values".

It would be a  big help to give some more details on the error messages when the data source is invalid! It would help a lot to pinpoint the problem! @powerapp Developers: Put this on your improvement list! 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pranav_Shroti

You dont have to recreate a new app from scratch: Options avaialble:

- Just create a new connection (this should work) and binding will remain the same in fields.

- Export and import again your powerapp and create a new version with a new connection to your datasource.

Hope this helps,

Pranav

ProNewbie

Hi, when you change something in the datasource you have to go in the sources menu and update it.

It could help I think.

ProNewbie

pebano

By updating you mean refresh data source? The RMB Refresh on data source as shown in the attached screenshot?

I have tried this with no luck. Or is it somewhere else you update it?

ProNewbie

yes exactly, sorry I missed that picture of your post.

ProNewbie

pebano

Hi!

I tried it. No luck! Created a new connection, deleted the old one. Exported the app and imported it under a new name.  Connected the new data source to the app, after deleting the old one. Even did a refresh of the data source. Still the same messages. Is there a way to figure out what's wrong with the data source.  Why aren't there any hint to what's wrong? Can I trace it somehow?

pebano

Hi!

I finally figured out the problem. It was related to the list settings I had put on one of the new fields. It was a "choice field" that I by accident had set to be "Enforce unique values".

It would be a  big help to give some more details on the error messages when the data source is invalid! It would help a lot to pinpoint the problem! @powerapp Developers: Put this on your improvement list! 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 302 members 4,735 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: