cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AFWright
Level: Powered On

This App isn't opening correctly - Error goes away after a few hours after publishing the app

This issue started happening about a week ago. 

No changes in datasources, major functionality, etc. After publishing the new version, powerapp will not launch on mobile device for a period of time until it eventually does, without republishing or making any changes.

Anyone else running into this?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: This App isn't opening correctly - Error goes away after a few hours after publishing the app

Hi @AFWright ,

Do you mean that the latest version will not display correctly in mobile device until a few hours later?

I've made a similar test but not met the same problem like your description.

After I published my new version in website, I could ran this latest version in mobile device, no need to wait for a few hours. I just waitted a few seconds.

Do not forget to refresh your PowerApps in mobile device. Or reopen it.

I suggest you uninstall your PowerApps, reinstall the latest version, clean your PowerApps' cache and try again.

Here's my mobile device system: ios 12.4.1

Please check whether your device meets the requirements:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AFWright

Re: This App isn't opening correctly - Error goes away after a few hours after publishing the app

That is correct, I could be starting or already have launched the previous version and see the pop up for the update. Once updated, the app will fail to launch for a period of time. 

The device does satisfy all the requirements. I will try reinstalling PA on my phone and see if that yields any results. 

AFWright

I believe this is a bug with the most recent version of PowerApps for iOS. It launches the app fine if you force close PowerApps and start over.

Administrator
Administrator

Hi @AFWright are you still experiencing this issue? 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

AFWright

Sporadically.  Have to relaunch Powerapps a number of times to get it to work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 328 members 5,798 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: