cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AFWright
Level: Powered On

This App isn't opening correctly - Error goes away after a few hours after publishing the app

This issue started happening about a week ago. 

No changes in datasources, major functionality, etc. After publishing the new version, powerapp will not launch on mobile device for a period of time until it eventually does, without republishing or making any changes.

Anyone else running into this?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: This App isn't opening correctly - Error goes away after a few hours after publishing the app

Hi @AFWright ,

Do you mean that the latest version will not display correctly in mobile device until a few hours later?

I've made a similar test but not met the same problem like your description.

After I published my new version in website, I could ran this latest version in mobile device, no need to wait for a few hours. I just waitted a few seconds.

Do not forget to refresh your PowerApps in mobile device. Or reopen it.

I suggest you uninstall your PowerApps, reinstall the latest version, clean your PowerApps' cache and try again.

Here's my mobile device system: ios 12.4.1

Please check whether your device meets the requirements:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
AFWright

Re: This App isn't opening correctly - Error goes away after a few hours after publishing the app

That is correct, I could be starting or already have launched the previous version and see the pop up for the update. Once updated, the app will fail to launch for a period of time. 

The device does satisfy all the requirements. I will try reinstalling PA on my phone and see if that yields any results. 

AFWright

I believe this is a bug with the most recent version of PowerApps for iOS. It launches the app fine if you force close PowerApps and start over.

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Hi @AFWright are you still experiencing this issue? 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

AFWright

Sporadically.  Have to relaunch Powerapps a number of times to get it to work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,551)