cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeLockwood
Level 8

This app stopped working. Try refreshing your browser.

I have been working on by PowerApp for several months with the last few weeks making a ton of changes.  Today I published the app and am getting the dreaded "This app stopped working. Try refreshing your browser."  I would submit a ticket but I dont have rights to that page.  I with the error had some more details so that we could route cause this ourselves.

Session ID: 503c8395-c432-4a32-92cc-0fff5be67639

I have recently deleted columns in SharePoint after creating new ones as they had a space in them.  I refreshed the datasource and corrected the errors.  I even tried to restore a version from 2 months ago and it wont play either.  The worst part for me is that I can play it in the Web Studio with no issue but when just accessing the player it fails.  

This now means that the existing version that was published wont work so now we have no tool instead of just and error message that I could work with.

Thougths?

Thanks,
Mike L.
4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
Level 8

Re: This app stopped working. Try refreshing your browser.

After restoring a version from almost 3 months ago the app now plays.  The down side none of my upgrades are now present in the app. 

Next steps will be to restore versions between what works and the current one to find where the app craps out and work to fix it there so that I can implement the fix in the most recent version of the app.

Wish me luck....

Thanks,
Mike L.
tianaranjo
Level 8

Curious, did you add responsive design? I am having the same issue with one of my apps and have submitted a ticket.

MikeLockwood
Level 8

I have not added responsive design.

Thanks,
Mike L.
Highlighted
MikeLockwood
Level 8

So I went through my app deleting screen and such until basically nothing was left.  I then removed a component from the app and presto, it started working. So I had to restore the app back to the right point in time, remove the component and completely rebuild that component.  Took a lot of extra time.  I wish that for the owner of the app a traditional error message could be deployed with details around what is happening so that it can be resolved without having to basically start from scratch.

Thanks,
Mike L.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,532)