cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThomasVDS
Level: Powered On

Thousand seperator is always showing

Hi,

I am trying the build a formula to show a numeric field formatted with thousand and decimal seperator.

When I use the formula below, the thousand seperator is always shown, also for numbers below 1000.

How can I solve this? Do I need to add a If condition?

Text(Value(Parent.Default),"[$-fr-FR]#.###,00 €", "fr-FR")

Result: .370,00 € -> NOK

Kr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Thousand seperator is always showing

Hi @ThomasVDS ,

I have made a test with the following three formulas which should work, but find somthing weird. 

Text(1501,"[$-fr-FR]#.#,00", "fr-FR")    /* show 150.1,00 */
Text(1501,"[$-de-DE]#.#,00", "de-DE")   /* show 1.501,00 */
Text(1501,"[$-en-US]#,#.00","en-US")   /*show 1,501.00 */

PowerApps should automatically recognize and delimit the thousands seperator, so we just need to use the format of "#.#,00", and the value of 1501 will show as 1.501,00. if the value , such as 501, is smaller than 1000, it will show as 501.00.

However this format only doesn't work for French language, it can work well for German or English(Even if the seperators are different).  it is really weird! I would post this to Microsoft PowerApps Team if my doubt is confirmed.

For the time being, to French language, it seems that only If function can help to determine whether a thousandth seperator is needed.

Please refer the following formulas:

If(Value(Parent.Default)>1000,Text(Value(Parent.Default),"[$-fr-FR]#.###,00", "fr-FR"),Text(Value(Parent.Default),"[$-fr-FR]###,00", "fr-FR"))

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @ThomasVDS ,

I have made a test with the following three formulas which should work, but find somthing weird. 

Text(1501,"[$-fr-FR]#.#,00", "fr-FR")    /* show 150.1,00 */
Text(1501,"[$-de-DE]#.#,00", "de-DE")   /* show 1.501,00 */
Text(1501,"[$-en-US]#,#.00","en-US")   /*show 1,501.00 */

PowerApps should automatically recognize and delimit the thousands seperator, so we just need to use the format of "#.#,00", and the value of 1501 will show as 1.501,00. if the value , such as 501, is smaller than 1000, it will show as 501.00.

However this format only doesn't work for French language, it can work well for German or English(Even if the seperators are different).  it is really weird! I would post this to Microsoft PowerApps Team if my doubt is confirmed.

For the time being, to French language, it seems that only If function can help to determine whether a thousandth seperator is needed.

Please refer the following formulas:

If(Value(Parent.Default)>1000,Text(Value(Parent.Default),"[$-fr-FR]#.###,00", "fr-FR"),Text(Value(Parent.Default),"[$-fr-FR]###,00", "fr-FR"))

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

ThomasVDS
Level: Powered On

@v-siky-msftThanks for your analysis!

I modified my formula using the German language and now it works fine 🙂

Kr

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,784)