cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GrischkePro
Level: Powered On

Toggle switch with another button OnSelect (on save) (SharePoint list)

How can I toggle a switch (or tick a checkbox) with another button?

I need a hidden Toggle (Yes/No), by default it's OFF. I want another button, that will toggle the switch to ON and then submits the form.

How can I achieve this?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Toggle switch with another button OnSelect (on save) (SharePoint list)

@GrischkePro 

One quick way to do this is the use of a variable.

In your Button OnSelect action use a formula such as this:

Set(setToggle, true)

Then on your Default property of the Toggle control, set this formula:

setToggle

If you are using the toggle to then perform an action in the "OnCheck" action of the control, then do your formula, and then at the end, place a Set(setToggle, false) to reset the toggle back so that it can be "called" again.

This is a very useful pattern to do with toggle controls.  HOWEVER, there is one word of warning...

If you put your toggle control on another screen, you need to at least reference the Toggle Control on the screen where your button is.  You can do that simply enough with a non-visible label with the text property set to yourToggleName.Value

This will work perfectly from any screen (as long as you have a referencing "dummy label").

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@GrischkePro 

One quick way to do this is the use of a variable.

In your Button OnSelect action use a formula such as this:

Set(setToggle, true)

Then on your Default property of the Toggle control, set this formula:

setToggle

If you are using the toggle to then perform an action in the "OnCheck" action of the control, then do your formula, and then at the end, place a Set(setToggle, false) to reset the toggle back so that it can be "called" again.

This is a very useful pattern to do with toggle controls.  HOWEVER, there is one word of warning...

If you put your toggle control on another screen, you need to at least reference the Toggle Control on the screen where your button is.  You can do that simply enough with a non-visible label with the text property set to yourToggleName.Value

This will work perfectly from any screen (as long as you have a referencing "dummy label").

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

GrischkePro

@RandyHayes 

This is brilliant! I was almost there, just didn't know where to apply the variable 🙂

FYI, I needed to toggle it "on save" without the user knowing about it, so that Flow knows what to do next 😉

Thank you very much! Smiley Very Happy

gbux

Thanks this is very helpful

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,656)