cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Brendenward
Level: Powered On

Too many lookups

Hi, I'm trying to covert a sharepoint Newform into a powerapp form so i can remove certain fields from the newform. My problem is the powerapp form complains theres too many lookup fields and won't let me save or publish my changes. Copy of the error message is attached to this post.

Is there a workaround or will I need to purchase a 3rd party forms app to do this instead?

Thanks

Brenden

6 REPLIES 6
TimRohr
Level 10

Re: Too many lookups

Look at the properties... which of them is flagged with this error? Can you post the formula you are using in that field? It might be that you simply have an error in the formula, or that there is a way to split some of the load you are trying to accomplish in one field across a couple.

Brendenward

Hi, I see what you mean found the box at the bottom of the screen, the filter in this reads

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),First(Projects),SharePointIntegration.Selected)

Does that make sense?

Thanks

Brenden

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Brendenward,

How many LookUp columns defined within your SP list?

Based on the error message that you provided, I think the number of LookUp columns defined within your SP list has exceeded the threshold. Currently, the LookUp column threshold in SP list is 12.

More details about the LookUp column threshold in SP list, please check the following blog:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/spses/2013/12/02/sharepoint-20102013-list-view-lookup-threshold-unc...

If the number of LookUp type columns enabled within your Edit form has exceeded the threshold, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, as an fixed solution, you could consider increase the LookUp column threshold limit within Central Administration. More details about increasing the LookUp column threshold limit, please check the following article:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/132050/how-to-increase-lookup-column-limit-from-8

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Brendenward

Hi
I thought about this but some people say it will have effect on the speed of the site and advised not to do it. We have 13 look ups in the list hence why there's an issue.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Brendenward,

Currently, I could not come up with other solution to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you want to fix this issue in PowerApps directly, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs.

You could also consider take a try to reduce the number of LookUp columns in your SP list, or replace the LookUp column with other columns (e.g. Choice, Single line of text, etc) to fix this issue.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Brendenward

Hi,

Sorry for late reply been away, I've now go a list of 8 lookup fields and although my Newform works ok loads and shows all the fields my Editform still says too many lookup driving me mad trying to get these apps working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 323 members 6,082 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: