Level: Powered On

Troubles with collections

I am building a Time Card application. I have several collections

MY CREW

MY WORKORDERS

TimeCard Transaction

Hours

I have a gallery for the workorders and crew list

I have a colletion that created when selecting a crew member it knows who is selected and who is not

I have a variable created when a workorder is selected

Another variable is TimeType ST (Strait Time), OT (Over TIme), DT (Double Time)

Instance is equivelent to a date 

When I select one or more crew members I try to use the ForAll to update any existing records in the collection for the same crew member on the same day and same work order I just want to update the Hours for that record, if there is no record I want to add a new record.

I first started out that if you select a work order from the work order gallery, then for when you select a crew member it will update an existing record if it exists or add a new record if it does not exist. That worked fine. This is all being done on the app locally. And when the day is done the user can push a button and all records get sent to a SQL Server on Premis.

I want to make a feature that the user first selects all the crew members that he wants to update or add a new record and then push a button and the ForAll will go through each employee that is selected and add it to the collection or update the collection.

I have been strugling with this for many hours and with no success.

Need some advice.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
jlc
Level: Powered On

Re: Troubles with collections

Here is the syntax I am using to try to update the entire table if the user selects "ST".

When I have a list of three employees selected, creates one record and then stops.

I need it to continue through the collection.

If(First(vTimeType).Value="ST",
ForAll(EMP_ISSELECTED,If(IsBlank(LookUp(Filter(loc_Sav_TCARD_TCTRANS,EMPID=EMPID,WORKORDER=First(vWONBR).Value,INSTANCE=First(vInstance).Value),EMPID>0))=true,
Collect(loc_Sav_TCARD_TCTRANS,{EMPID:EMPID,WORKORDER:First(vWONBR).Value,INSTANCE:First(vInstance).Value,ST:Value(First(vCALC).Value),OT:0,DT:0}),
UpdateIf(Filter(loc_Sav_TCARD_TCTRANS,EMPID=EMPID,INSTANCE=First(vInstance).Value,WORKORDER=First(vWONBR).Value),EMPID>0,{ST:Value(First(vCALC).Value)}))));
SaveData(loc_Sav_TCARD_TCTRANS,"loc_Sav_TCARD_TCTRANS")

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 206 members 5,333 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: