cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Trying to filter by field on a gallery

Hi @AChapman 

Can you please confirm if this Status dropdown an attribute in your data source? If yes, the thing here is Edit Form item is dependent on Gallery selected item and whenever something is changed in gallery items, it by defaults select the first item. If you use the formula to filter gallery items based on selected status, this will result in change of the gallery item and hence to the selectedstatus variable which gets triggered every time the edit form item is changed. This will point to the latest status as per selected value.

To make it a bit simpler, I would recommend you to place a dropdown on the Browse Screen itself and let the user select it there only.

If you still want to go to Edit Screen and set this status, then you can create a button and remove the expression from the OnChange property and place it on the OnSelect property of the newly created button. This will set the status value only when user selects it and this can be used on the browse screen to filter.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
AChapman
Level: Powered On

@yashag2255 

I do not get the variables for the droipdown from the datasource, I have instead manually entered them into the code for hte dropdown. Please see previous dropdown screenshot on the previous post.

Does this change things? Is there anyway I can share the app with you to get a better understanding?

AChapman

@yashag2255 

Any Update?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @AChapman 

Is there any way you can create the dropdown on the browse screen itself? Else, you can create a button on edit form that when the button is clicked, the variable is set to selected status and this won't change even if the gallery items or the edit form item change automatically. This way it would be easier to set the status and filter out the results, otherwise because of the circular reference, the variable value will get removed every time.

Yes, you can export the app and upload the package on the post along with the logical implementation you want to achieve, but I will still suggest you to create such a control which selects this value only when any other control is selected, so this value does not changes by itself.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

AChapman

@yashag2255 

I am very new to PowerApps and I am struggling to understand what it is I need to do from what you have said,

I believe I have uploaded the correct file from the export.

Kind Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,812)