cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

UnSaved Property True on First Load with Attachments (Bug?)

I'm having an issue with a specific form on a screen of my app. The first time the user goes to that screen, the form is marked as UnSaved and everything I have happen relying on that condition happens.

Needless to say, this is a bit inconvenient.

I think I narrowed down the cause though: if the form contains an Attachments data card, this will happen the first time the form is viewed/accessed.

I'm trying to figure out ways around this if it's intended/unavoidable behaviour. Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UnSaved Property True on First Load with Attachments (Bug?)

Seems like it's not just Attachments, it's just seemingly at random for certain forms.

jroderick
Level: Powered On

I have the same issue. I have tried for a while now to track down the cause. I am abandoning this method as it’s not reliable.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone found a reson for this? I find hte Unsaved wildly unreliable.. I get the form working well with unsaved, then make one change and it no longer works. Ill make the form from scratch again and it does work, then back to not working. Has anyone got a workaround? Add in the same data source again and do manual checks??

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Has anyone found the fix with this.  I have used attachments for several months and now I am having the "Unsaved" error as well.  I am on Release 3.18114.25.  Hopefully Microsoft addresses this quickly, we have had to stop using Apps used in production.

Thanks,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

All -

I had to delete and re-do the form that contained the attachment.  It is not a good work around and the Attachment control still shows "Unsaved".  Hopefully someone from Microsoft will respond to this.  Thanks,

David

Highlighted
pkyeo

I have similar issue. Reported to PowerApps support but still unable to resolve the issue.

Hope PowerApps support can rectify this critical issue ASAP.

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

adding in @aorth to assist

@TopShelf-MSFT

MX1
Level: Power Up

Hi @TopShelf-MSFT and @aorth

Could you share updates on this issue? 

I developed a workflow with SharePoint list, PowerApps form, and Flow approval process.  Creation of a form triggers approval workflow then update/removal of the form will be prohivited.  Since there's no way to attach files later on, this issue is critical.  Users need to re-start from scratch in case attachments are Unsaved.   Please support.   

pkyeo

Seem like can attach file now but it will showing "unsaved" till you save the form.

But found another issue that attachment can not contains special character like -> + - 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,786)