cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chelsea_Segovia
Level: Power Up

Unable to Share PowerApp

Finding that I am unable to share a specific app that I am the owner of. The share bar opens but when I enter names in the search feature the auto population is not coming up. I have also tried entering the full email address associated to their account and the share button still will not activate.

Tested the sharing feature in other apps I am either an owner or co-owner of and the sharing feature is working as expected. Just this one specific app is not allowing me to share. FIWP VIP App  Tested sharing in both Chrome and IE and still unable to share this app.

Also tried making a minor change and republishing but still unable to share.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Unable to Share PowerApp

I can confirm similar issue - The issue is that you have already shared the item with 'Everyone in xxx' of which all your users are a member so it no longer searches for them. If you remove 'everyone' group (without clicking share), add the specific user you want to give co-owner permissions to, then re-add the 'everyone' group, then you can share it with that new user.

I'm pretty sure I was able to do invite people in addition to this group before so it must've been a change done recently.

Workaround:

Doesn't search when 'Everyone in' group is there
image.png
Remove the 'Everyone' group and add the person, set their rights

image.png

Then Add the 'Everyone in' group again, and Share

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

I can confirm similar issue - The issue is that you have already shared the item with 'Everyone in xxx' of which all your users are a member so it no longer searches for them. If you remove 'everyone' group (without clicking share), add the specific user you want to give co-owner permissions to, then re-add the 'everyone' group, then you can share it with that new user.

I'm pretty sure I was able to do invite people in addition to this group before so it must've been a change done recently.

Workaround:

Doesn't search when 'Everyone in' group is there
image.png
Remove the 'Everyone' group and add the person, set their rights

image.png

Then Add the 'Everyone in' group again, and Share

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Chelsea_Segovia
Level: Power Up

Thank you that worked. Strange that all my other apps have the same "Everyone in..." group added as well and the sharing issue didn't come through on any of those apps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,537)