Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tricky778
Level: Powered On

Unable to add dropdown list value to gallery

Hi,

I have a form which pushes data to a SharePoint List. The SharePoint list contains a 'Choice' column called 'Request Status', this then has 3 of options to choose from - Submitted, Rejected, Validated. Default state on submitting the form to SharePoint is 'Submitted'.

Within my PowerApp, I have a custom gallery looking at the SharePoint List. The gallery displays a number of text fields from the form by utilising Text Labels. I would like to also display the Request Status on this gallery.

However, when I try to add a Text Label for the dropdown list in the format : ThisItem.'Request Status' I get an error : This formula uses scope, which is not presently supported for evaluation | Data type: Record.

Is there another way to show the selected value of a dropdown list within a gallery?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Unable to add dropdown list value to gallery

@Tricky778 

Can you please try replacing this code...

ThisItem.'Request Status'

..with this code instead?

ThisItem.'Request Status'.Value

The reason we need to add .Value is because 'Request Status' is a Choice datatype.  Choice datatypes are actually records that have one or more properties.  To select the specific property to display we must add a ( . ) then pick the desired property.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@Tricky778 

Can you please try replacing this code...

ThisItem.'Request Status'

..with this code instead?

ThisItem.'Request Status'.Value

The reason we need to add .Value is because 'Request Status' is a Choice datatype.  Choice datatypes are actually records that have one or more properties.  To select the specific property to display we must add a ( . ) then pick the desired property.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Tricky778
Level: Powered On

That simple! thanks @mdevaney

Super User
Super User

@Tricky778 

I added an additional explanation of why this is necessary to the bottom of my original post in case you are interested.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,499)