Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Hittori
Level: Power Up

Unable to delete a Business Rule because i have a dependent component detected

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night,

I am trying to delete a Business Rule I dont need anymore. But it gives me an error

Cannot Delete Component
Cannot delete Process because one or more components require it. More information on the dependencies can be found here: Details If you contact support, please provide the technical details.
Activity ID: dcd1642f-451b-4ea7-bc44-0a614e39d936
Timestamp: Mon Jul 22 2019 16:49:38 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

error message.png

Any idea why??? or what to do?

Thanks in advance to you all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Unable to delete a Business Rule because i have a dependent component detected

Hi @Hittori 

A component can only be deleted if it has no association anywhere. As per your screenshot, your component has an association to a model driven driven app and until and unless that association is detached, you cannot remove this. For doing so, please remove the sitemap from model driven app, then remove the business rule and if you need you can readd this entity into the sitemap of your model driven app.

Hops this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Unable to delete a Business Rule because i have a dependent component detected

Hi @Hittori 

A component can only be deleted if it has no association anywhere. As per your screenshot, your component has an association to a model driven driven app and until and unless that association is detached, you cannot remove this. For doing so, please remove the sitemap from model driven app, then remove the business rule and if you need you can readd this entity into the sitemap of your model driven app.

Hops this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,737)