Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
finsg
Level: Powered On

Unable to make/save changes

Hi,

I have multiple apps in my instance, but 1 of the app file i'm unable to make any changes/saving it...

I can open and view the app file normally... I can move objects around the workspace, but nothing seems to happen when i try to toggle the visibility or make changes to X Y coordinates of any objects. I also tried saving the file but it just stuck at "Saving your app...". I also tried exporting and important the project file, but nothing fixes and still facing same issue.

Please assist.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Raynok1
Level 8

Re: Unable to make/save changes

finsgg ,
1.) The environment that you editing the app in, are you the enviroment admin or enviroment app maker . If you not part of any of these groups you wont be able to create or save your app. You'll be able to design and all that but as soon as you try save, it wont.  

2.) Its possible that you may need an older vesion of the powerapps studio since your app hasnt been republished in 3 months . Maybe there are incompatible issues between the current app studio version and the version of your app. Check this article ,https:/thatapiguyy.tech/2019/06/19/quick-tip-use-flow-to-publish-yourpowerappss-on-a-regular-basis/....

Getting hold of an earlier version of the powerappss studio has been a wanting feature for some time now, they out there in random threads, this is an old power apps studio link and it could just as well be 3 months old so try it. https:/euu.createpowerappss.comv33.19045.16.112802239/studio/#

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Raynok1
Level 8

Hi @finsg ,

How long ago was your last modification to the app?

You may need to clear your browsing cache or try with another browser. I had two occasions where I had to do this sometime back but since havent again.

finsg

@Raynok1 it was 3 months ago, im using incognito mode whenever i do my development... i also tried using a different browser, different computer... issue still persist.

Raynok1
Level 8

finsgg ,
1.) The environment that you editing the app in, are you the enviroment admin or enviroment app maker . If you not part of any of these groups you wont be able to create or save your app. You'll be able to design and all that but as soon as you try save, it wont.  

2.) Its possible that you may need an older vesion of the powerapps studio since your app hasnt been republished in 3 months . Maybe there are incompatible issues between the current app studio version and the version of your app. Check this article ,https:/thatapiguyy.tech/2019/06/19/quick-tip-use-flow-to-publish-yourpowerappss-on-a-regular-basis/....

Getting hold of an earlier version of the powerappss studio has been a wanting feature for some time now, they out there in random threads, this is an old power apps studio link and it could just as well be 3 months old so try it. https:/euu.createpowerappss.comv33.19045.16.112802239/studio/#

View solution in original post

finsg

1. Yes I'm an admin for the instance.

2. My other apps is able to make/save changes just fine.

3. The older version link you gave, its defaulted to Contoso environment, my apps are in a different environment, how can i change the environment?

Raynok1
Level 8

I've made a modification today on one of my apps, the version is 3.19073.17.

The old link I gave you for the powerapps studio is                      v3.19045.16.

Before opening the old link, make sure you logged into powerapps and selected the enviroment of your choice. Select the enviroment top right next to the download icon. Then open the old link in a new tab, it should then also open in the correct enviroment. 

Another option, If you saved your app to your local drive then you can open your app by "Open" -> Browse Files. 

finsg

Thanks, manage to open with older version. But issue still persist. 😞

//Edited

Okay somehow it started to save now... Thanks!

So does this mean whenever i want to update this app, i need to use the old studio?

how to upgrade it to be compatible with latest version?

Raynok1
Level 8

Okay, now that you can edit and save again. Lets try and bump it to the newer version. It should be straight forward now, open your app as per normal and just save it, dont use the old studio.

If it doesnt save, then powerapps teams needs to really help here and provide you with some studio versions between the old one I gave and the new studio version. Then you'll have to slowly upgrade your app version by version or skip a few versions until you find a winner. 

See if it saves now, as per normal.

finsg

Ok, just tried opening normally, and its able to save now.

Thanks for all the help. 🙂

Raynok1
Level 8

Glad its working again, well done. 
Going forward,

1.) Manually once a month remember to open your apps, save & publish to keep them current.

2.) Auto update of your all your apps or some using the guide from "Thatapiguy"
 https:/thatapiguyy.tech/2019/06/19/quick-tip-use-flow-to-publish-yourpowerappss-on-a-regular-basis/....

Your apps will benefit with all the improvement performances and features by keeping current.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,983)