cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jamesbl
Level: Powered On

Unable to permission ("add user") to PowerApps

Not sure if this is just something going haywire recently, or not... Looking for pointers.

Trying to permission a user for PowerApps (which is the "Add User" section  you see after selecting the environment in the https://admin.powerapps.com site).

After typing in the user, I get the blue ribbon that just says "Working on it..." but it never changes to the green ribbon that usually happens after the user is added (see attachment screenshot).

As a result, the user is not added.

Curious if anyone else is experiencing this?

Thanks,

-jb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jamesbl

Re: Unable to permission ("add user") to PowerApps

I believe I figured this out.  I took a trace and noticed the server is responding with an HTTP 400 (Bad Request) error.

In reviewing the response data, I see this (snippet):

{"error":{"code":"AdminServiceRequestFailed","message":"The request failed with error: '{\"Errors\":[{\"Subject\":\"Result\",\"Description\":\"User xxxxyyyy-zzzz-aaaa-bbbb-ccccddddeeee does not have a valid active license\",\"Code\":\"userNotLicensed\"}

Based on this, and considering the environment was a secondary production environment (i.e. not the default environment that gets provisioned with the tenant), I enabled the PowerApps Plan 2 Trial license for the user in question, waited a few minutes and tried again... this time it worked!

Hope this helps someone.  It would be just super if Microsoft would display the problem to the user in the UI itself, vs. having to resort to a trace to figure this out.

Good luck!

-jb

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jamesbl ,

Have you checked your account's permission setting? Please notice that only the Environment Admin role (or System Administrator role) can perform this action on an environment. I just added one user successfully:
Capture.JPG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jamesbl

I should have mentioned I am, indeed, a System Administrator in PowerApps (and Global Admin in the tenant).

Thanks.

-jb

kenog
Level: Power Up

I am experiencing the exact same thing, and I am also an admin on the environment. This was working for me about a week ago, but has not been working since. I assumed it was transient, but it seems permanent unless the Power Apps team responds....

jamesbl

I believe I figured this out.  I took a trace and noticed the server is responding with an HTTP 400 (Bad Request) error.

In reviewing the response data, I see this (snippet):

{"error":{"code":"AdminServiceRequestFailed","message":"The request failed with error: '{\"Errors\":[{\"Subject\":\"Result\",\"Description\":\"User xxxxyyyy-zzzz-aaaa-bbbb-ccccddddeeee does not have a valid active license\",\"Code\":\"userNotLicensed\"}

Based on this, and considering the environment was a secondary production environment (i.e. not the default environment that gets provisioned with the tenant), I enabled the PowerApps Plan 2 Trial license for the user in question, waited a few minutes and tried again... this time it worked!

Hope this helps someone.  It would be just super if Microsoft would display the problem to the user in the UI itself, vs. having to resort to a trace to figure this out.

Good luck!

-jb

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,079)