cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Manfred
Level: Powered On

Unable to query documents inside folders in sharepoint

I created an app that uses a data source to query a SharePoint document library. Until last week I was able to read folders and documents within folders. Using a filter function I was able to show only documents.  This week I noticed the query results were empty. I checked the document library in sharepoint and the documents still there, so I removed the filter function in powerapps to realize that que data source is only returning folders inside the document library. Looks like is no longer showing files inside folders. Any idea? Is this new behavior the way is going to work from now?

Regards

Manfred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unable to query documents inside folders in sharepoint

Hi @Manfred,

I just tested with a SharePoint library and I cannot reproduce your issue. Here are the folders and files from my SharePoint library:
1.JPG

Here is the app I created with New > Start with data > SharePoint(Phone Layou):

捕获.JPG

From which you could see that actually all the files and folders are shown correctly. Even the files inside each subfolders are listed. 

Would you please try to delete the library data source and readd it. If this still does not work, please try to create a new app to have a test.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Manfred,

I just tested with a SharePoint library and I cannot reproduce your issue. Here are the folders and files from my SharePoint library:
1.JPG

Here is the app I created with New > Start with data > SharePoint(Phone Layou):

捕获.JPG

From which you could see that actually all the files and folders are shown correctly. Even the files inside each subfolders are listed. 

Would you please try to delete the library data source and readd it. If this still does not work, please try to create a new app to have a test.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Manfred
Level: Powered On

Hello Mona

Thanks for your help

I created a new document library and a new data source in the same app and I was able to query folders and files inside folders.
So I moved folders and documents from the previous document library to the new one and deleted the old library and the data source.

Now everything is working great

tianaranjo
Level 8

@Manfred @v-monli-msft

While seeking a solution for an issue where I am using folders in a similar fashion, I happended upon this older post.  With that in mind, I am hoping one of you might assist me with resolving the issue I am having.  Please follow this link  to learn about my scenario using the nested folder method similar to the one described here.  

Thank you.

**Solution found here

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,127)