cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to run app with error "your app needs permission to use : SQLserver"

I created my app woith a SQL server on Azure connection adn works just great, however, when I or someone I share the app browse the App URL it shows the error: 

image.pngWhat could it be? I have tried deleting the connection and recreating it, the connection works on the app editor it is not an authentication issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hairy_Drumroll
Level: Powered On

Re: Unable to run app with error "your app needs permission to use : SQLserver"

Ctrl-F5 should work, but what worked for me was launching from a different browser.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Super User
Super User

Did you verify the App permissions is set-up correctly? Another thing to check is the shared permissions on the connector it self. The connector permissions should automatically be set when you set the app permissions but it never hurts to check when weird things are happening.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply, I think it was some kind of cache isue, the problem was resolved by itslef at the next morning!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. I agree with @Jeff_Thorpe's thought almost, if you have added a connection within your PowerApps app, when you play your app, the connector permission would be set automatically.

Please check if you have added a proper SQL Server connection within your PowerApps app. Please also check if the SQL Server connection within your PowerApps app is invalid, if yes, please update the connection.

If you have solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
javiber

Hello -  I'm having a similar problem, but issues aren't clearing even after I removed the SQL connection and the pages that had those connections configured.  The prompt message is occuring to everyone. Also the [ALLOW] button is greyed out. 

Capture99.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue for an app that previously did work. It blocks anyone who tries to use the app, including myself, even though I am the creator. I have tried un-adding and re-adding users to the connection and that did not work. 

When I "edit" the app then run it, the app functions as usual, but I don't want to give this access to all users. Can anyone help please?

MK1

@Anonymous,

Were you able to fix this issue.

Please let me know, I'm also facing the same issue with my application.

Thanks in advance.

MK1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, the only solution I found was deleting the data source, bit rubbish, but it stopped the app harrassing users.

FrancisL

After giving the permissions in PowerApps -> Data -> Connections via the Share button, I had to do a CTRL-F5 on the browser or else it did not work even if I had relogged with the user after reopening the browser.
Now it says signed-in and works.

Hairy_Drumroll

Ctrl-F5 should work, but what worked for me was launching from a different browser.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,467)