Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PabloDickson
Level: Powered On

Unable to view .msg attachments on iphone

Hi,

I have built an app that users use to input approval requests and save .msg (i.e. outlook emails) files to a sharepoint list. Approvers then go into app and view the attachments and either approve or reject the request in the app. Currently the app works ok when users use it on the computer as when they click on the app on the .msg attachments it downloads it to their computer and then they can view it. But what is not working is that when the approvers go to use the app on their iphones and then select to view a .msg attachment it does not show the email. Can you please let me know how I can get around this as would be really great if the approvers could use the app on their phone as well.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unable to view .msg attachments on iphone

Hi @PabloDickson,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to preview a .msg file attachment from your app within your iPhone?

I have made a test on my side, the issue is confirmed on my side. Previewing .msg file is not supported in iPhone device currently.

In addition, the preview functionality is not supported within the Attachments control in PowerApps. More details about the functionalities supported within Attachmnets control, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-attachments

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApss Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to download/save the .msg file into your iPhone device, and then open it with Outlook app or MSG File Viewer app

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PabloDickson
Level: Powered On

Re: Unable to view .msg attachments on iphone

Hi,

The scenario is that the person loading the approval request (person A) will receive and email from the sales Rep (person B) confirming that the request is valid. The approval reques is keyed into the app and the email from the sales Rep (person B) is added as an attachment in the Sharpoint list via the app. The request goes to the approver (person C) who needs to be able to see the email from the sales Rep (person B) to verify that they have approved it. Currently when they are on their computer the approver (person C) can see the email as the app will dowload it to the computer and they can then open it to view it like a normal email. But when they view it on their company iphones they cannot view the email from the sales Rep (person B), even though they download it to iCloud Drive and they have the Outlook app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,426)