cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: Update/Record SharePoint entry using distinct selection from another list

@hnguy71 

Yes, you will not see results with that - the reason is, you are not using the Distinct function.

It is the Distinct function that returns a list of Result values.  (Single column of Result).  So you can use the {Result:""} for that. 

In this case you are using a Filter, so you need to match whatever column you want to make blank.

For example, if it is the Title column you are displaying in your dropdown, then you would replace the result object with {Title:""}.  Or, if it is the GeoMarket column you are displaying, then {Geomarket:""}.

With this formula you are adding a record to a collection and then adding zero or more records to that same collection from another function.  You HAVE to match the types.  In the case of the Distinct, we used a {Result:""} record because that matched the fact that Distinct returns a table of single column records with a Result column.

I hope that is clear and helpful.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
hnguy71
Level 8

Hi Randy. 

I think I was editing my previous post when you replied. Do you think you can take a look at that? 

your reply did clear up some confusion but alas I'm still not seeing the result that I require:

ClearCollect(colForDropdown, {'Sub Geomarket':""}, Filter('Team Request', Geomarket = DataCardValue7.Selected.Result))

I'm doing the debugging test you showed me yesterday and this time it's retrieving the wrong records 

Super User
Super User

@hnguy71 

I believe in this case, your issue is with when you are collecting that list.  You mention you are doing it OnSelect.  That means that a user has to actually select the control for it to update...but what happens when they change it?

Try this on the OnChange action instead.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

hnguy71
Level 8

Hi @RandyHayes 

Looks like that did the trick! I also noticed that my Value Property defaulted and I had to reselect my reference column again but I presumed that was because I changed items Property formula.

Whew! What a way to start using PowerApps. Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,861)