cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update Sharepoint List with multiple items from PowerApps ( App to take order from customer)

Hi,

I am trying to build an app, which receives the order from the customer (for multile items) and then send an approval email and once approved, update in sharepoint list.

I tried creating a list in sharepoint first, then used it to create app and then created a flow, everything seems working fine but, I can update only item to the sharepoint list at a time from the app.

Cusotmer will place order for multiple items at time. So is there a way to create ap, which can take multiple item orders and then send an approval email and then update the same in sharepoint list.

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Update Sharepoint List with multiple items from PowerApps ( App to take order from customer)

Hi SurendharV,

I guess you have a flow to send approval email when an item is created in SharePoint list.

1.png

However, as far as I know, currently the flow runs when an item is created, so it might be not possible to take multiple items at a time and send an approval email.

May I suggest you submit an idea at Flow Ideas Forum, hope PGs will take it into consideration in the future releases:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update Sharepoint List with multiple items from PowerApps ( App to take order from customer)

Thanks for the reply, I did raise the request.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Update-Sharepoint-List-with-multiple-items-from-Power...

One more thing, I checked out few tempaltes from Powerapps, One particular app ( Invoice Management) is similar to my expectaion, but then it uses Common Data Service to strore data. What I need is similar to that, but to do in Sharepoint list.

MelindaK
Level 8

Hi,

Not sure if this will help you entirely, but I have had a similar scenario for creating multiple items for one order placed by a user, except that I didn't need Flow.

I have managed to achieve this by collecting each item at a time in a collection, and then using ForAll and Patch to submit the items to the SharePoint list.

Let me know if you need more details 🙂 

Cheers,

MelindaK

MelindaK
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MelindaK,

That would work for me. Kindly let me know how to do it, as I am a novice here. Thanks.

MelindaK
Level 8

So in my case I have created a screen where I have used dropdowns and text boxes to create a custom form (not the default form from Edit items from SharePoint list). Here I have an "Add to Order" button which collects the information from each control and puts it in a local Collection. I achieve this using the collect function on OnSelect:

Collect(Collection_Name, {item_name: item_value, ...}); - where I have an item for each column in the SharePoint list

Once the user is happy with the order, it will press next to go to the submit screen when I am displaying the items from the Collection using a Gallery so that they have a visual indication of what they have selected to order and once they are ready they press the submit button which uses the For All and Patch functions on OnSelect:

ForAll(Collection_Name, Patch(List_Name, Defaults('List_Name'), {column_name: item_name, column_name: item_name, ..}); - where the column_name is the SharePoint column internal name and item_name is the item name from the collection.

Once the items are created I call the Clear(Collection_Name) function to clear the collection.

Be aware that it does take some time to submit the items, for me it takes about 40-60 seconds to submit 4-5 items.

EDIT: I have remembered that I have also found the solution by asking the question on the forum, have a look at that as well:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Create-many-SharePoint-list-items/m-p/11228#M497...

Hope this helps 🙂 

MelindaK
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks.Was able to update the sharepoint list, with ur reply. But still trying to figure out  a way to send approval email. If i send approval email each item an item is createdin sharepoint list,then it will be a lot of emails at once.

MelindaK
Level 8

Hi,

I'm glad you have managed to do it. Unfortunatelly, I don't know any solution for sending your emails :(. 

Maybe someone else around here will be able to help you.

Regards,

MelindaK

MelindaK

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 315 members 5,859 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: