cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jerry1567
Level: Powered On

Update Sharepoint rows with Gallery and Dropdown/Combobox with Lookup Relations

Some context:

Trying to create a dynamic gallery to act as an table where each row is editable.

The table is linked to a sharepoint list called expenses which has foreign keys for two other tables Phase and Task, so you can allocate expenses that are associated to a specific task and phase. Below is the Expenses table I wish to edit with phase and expenses.

For each expense row, there is a dropdown box for phase and task.

There is also a data table underneath for some extra reference that shows the table filter result for the second task dropdown values. So the Task dropdown should be displaying the rows below.

issue.png

Right now the lookups work to get the specific dropdown, for the second "Task" dropdown box, the columns are not displaying. This is what I have for the Task dropdown box for items. There seems no way for me to assign values

Capture.PNG

If anyone has found a fix or solution, greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Update Sharepoint rows with Gallery and Dropdown/Combobox with Lookup Relations

Hi @Jerry1567 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you want to populate the second Task Dopdown control based on the selected value within your first Phase ComboBox?

Further, do you have a LookUp column in your Tasks List to reference values from your Phase List?

Based on the formula that you provided, I think you have faceds a Delegation warning issue with it, is it true? I think this issue that you mentioned may be related to the Delegation warning issue within your formula.

As an alternative solution, you could consider save the Tasks SP list data source into a Collection firstly, and then use the Collection as a data source within your app.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnStart property of the App control to following:

ClearCollect(TasksCollection, Tasks)  /* <-- Tasks represents your Tasks SP List */

Set the Items property of the second Task Dropdown box to following:

Filter(
         TasksCollection,
         phase_fk.Id = Value(PhaseSelectCombo.Selected.ID)
)

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Re: Update Sharepoint rows with Gallery and Dropdown/Combobox with Lookup Relations

Hi @Jerry1567 how are you progressing with this? Was the above reply helpful? 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,915)