cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deearo
Level: Powered On

Update collection onChange of Rich text box (It works when we go out of the control)

Please refer below scenario. I have a vertical gallery with some dynamic data. Based on selected item of gallery i am showing couple of rich text box which i am binding based on selected item. I am updating collection at onchange event of Rich text box.  I am facing issue while updating the collection which i need to send to API.  It works fine if i go out of control and click anywhere but doesn't work if i click on gallery item.

Attached the screenshot for the same. Please share your valuable inputs.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Update collection onChange of Rich text box (It works when we go out of the control)

HI @deearo,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

How do you update the Collection within the OnChange property of the Rich text box?

Do you mean that the OnChange property of the Rich text box would not be fired when you click on any item within your Gallery?

I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side. I think this issue may be related to the Conflict of OnChange property and Default property of the Rich Text Editor control.

I suppose that the Default property of your Rich Text Editor control (Rich Text box) is set to following formula:

Gallery1.Selected.ColumnName    /* Gallery1 represents your Gallery control, the ColumnName represents the column you want to display within your Rich Text box */

is it true?

The OnChange property of the Rich Text Editor control would be fired only when the display value has been changed manually within the Rich text box.

But when you click Gallery item, the result the Gallery.Selected.ColumnName formula returned would be changed, in other words, the Default value of the Rich text box would be changed. Actually, your Rich text box has been reset.

If you don't change the display value manually within the Rich Text Editor (Rich text box), the OnChange property of the Rich Text Editor control would not be fired.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
deearo
Level: Powered On

Re: Update collection onChange of Rich text box (It works when we go out of the control)

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. yeah you understood correctly. you mentioned "The OnChange property of the Rich Text Editor control would be fired only when the display value has been changed manually within the Rich text box." What if user clicks on gallery item. I need to save the content entered by the user in Rich text box instead of reseting the rich text box.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,008)