cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmccook
Level: Powered On

Updating Datacardvalue.selected item with a checkbox

I currently have powerapp that has a datasource of SharePoint list.

I placed a check box on the edit form that is captioned "Mark All Safe".

In the on check property I have placed the following formula: DataCardValue32.Selected.Value = "Safe"

Where the DataCardValue32 is a drop down list that linked to my datasource.

This does not appear to be working. Does anyone know how I can updated the value selected in the drop down list with the check box?

9 REPLIES 9
hpkeong
Level 10

Re: Updating Datacardvalue.selected item with a checkbox

Hi

I guess you might have not changed (after UnLock), the Update parts for that particular value.

You have to change from the previous Update = TextInput1.Text to DropDown.Selected.Result

I  hope this is clear and it applies to all unlock value.

hpkeong
rmccook

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, my datacard's update property is set to the datacardvalue.selected so that does not appear to be the problem.

hpkeong
Level 10

Hi

May you provide screenshot in order better understand your actual scenario?

Tq
hpkeong
rmccook

Absolutely, here you go! Thanks!

https://goo.gl/photos/v9hZwe2pD29LUSGo7

hpkeong
Level 10

Hi

Really sorry can't figure out intention.
May I have wild guess?
- when you OnCheck the All Safe, you wanna Dropdown to show Safe, and then?

I am pretty unsure.
Can you elaborate as my understanding is pretty limited here.

Apologize for that.
hpkeong
rmccook

I apologize for the confusion, you are correct. I am attempting to set the drop down list value to a selected value of "Safe" when the "Mark All Safe" checkbox is checked.

The overall intention is that approximately 20 drop down lists that are bound to a SharePoint list datasource are updated to a selected value of "Safe" when the checkbox is selected.

This will allow users to move quickly through the form and update just the drop down lists where the value is something other than Safe.

I can't set the default value to Safe as I will have two additional check box options for the section, one of which will change the selected value of the 20 drop down list to Unsafe and one that will change the selected value of the 20 drop down lists to N/A.

Just to be clear, my drop down lists are inside a DataCard and are bound to a SharePoint list datasource. I am asking if anyone can assist me in setting the Datacardvalue drop down list inside of the DataCard, to a value I specify when a checkbox that is unbound to a datasource and is within another DataCard is selected.

I have already tried setting the OnCheck property of the Checkbox that is not bound to a datasource to

DataCardValue32.Selected.Value = "Safe"

Where DataCardValue32 is the SharePoint list bound dropdown inside of another DataCard. This does not seem to work.

Thank you for your assistance.

sachinsoni

I have same issue

I want to check item already exists or not. so my approch is 

I have datacardvalue in combo box control, i check, if approver (my sharepoint list people column) is equal to datacardvalue, then perform furture task.. but formula not work. 

Error: Invalid Arguments type

New Error.jpg

sachinsoni

I have same issue

I want to check item already exists or not. so my approch is 

I have datacardvalue in combo box control, i check, if approver (my sharepoint list people column) is equal to datacardvalue, then perform furture task.. but formula not work. 

Error: Invalid Arguments type

New Error.jpg

lknudson

Maybe you got this working ok since it's a long time ago, but here's how I got something like this to work.  It came to light as I was doing a project with lots of Combo boxes needed in DataCards on a form.  I made a single column Collection to populate the combo box.  I set up the Combo inside of the field and made the Selected Item to be the Data Card's "Update To" value. 

My Checkbox to Set field value is outside of the form, so the Default Item and Default Selected Item use a

Lookup(default value) and

If(checkbox,Lookup A, Lookup B)

to set the combo box value.

The actual datacardvalue can probably be discarded.

My actual field for Safetly Status within the table for that data card was "amDesc".

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,477)