cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vonnie
Level: Powered On

Updating Managed Metadata Column value in Flow via PowerApps

I am running a Flow from a button in PowerApps - it is working fine - however I cannot seem to get all the values from a DataCard that has multiple items saved in it. I have tried using SelectedItems but this just gives me an error. If I use Selected I just get the last value saved into the Column. The DataCard is connected to a multi select managed metadata column in a SharePoint list. The Flow is updating a list item.

Screenshot 2019-06-29 at 12.24.54.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vonnie

Re: Updating Managed Metadata Column value in Flow via PowerApps

Wow thanks exactly what I wanted!

Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Vonnie 

The error you are getting when trying to select multiple items is because of the limitation that you can only pass strings/numbers as an argument to flows. Here Selected.Value returns a string value while SelectedItems is itself an array.

As a workaround, what you can do is, pass a string of all the values separated by dash from the PowerApps and then split this into an array in the flow.

Can you try to pass Concat(DataCardValue12.SelectedItems,Value,"-") in place of DataCardValue12.Selected.Value as parameter to flow?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Vonnie

Wow thanks exactly what I wanted!

Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Vonnie 

Glad that it worked. 

If my reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered (to the post that has resolved the issue). Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 198 members 6,456 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: