cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vonnie
Level: Powered On

Updating Managed Metadata Column value in Flow via PowerApps

I am running a Flow from a button in PowerApps - it is working fine - however I cannot seem to get all the values from a DataCard that has multiple items saved in it. I have tried using SelectedItems but this just gives me an error. If I use Selected I just get the last value saved into the Column. The DataCard is connected to a multi select managed metadata column in a SharePoint list. The Flow is updating a list item.

Screenshot 2019-06-29 at 12.24.54.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Updating Managed Metadata Column value in Flow via PowerApps

Hi @Vonnie ,

Please share the related configuration of your flow, especially for where you put this DataCardValueSubject value inside flow. A screenshot would be even better. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Is DataCardValueSubject a combo box control inside a Form data card? If so, is this combo box control added by default when you select to add this Managed Metadata Column inside the form or did you add it manually? 

According to your screenshot here:

Capture.JPG

I think the issue maybe that in your flow, this field expects for text value, but SelectedItems would return a table in fact. This also explains that Selected.Value does not have the error, but SelectedItems does. 

If this is the situation, then you need to decide how would you like the selected values to show in your flow. For example, you have selected the options of 1,2,3. Then if you want the result to be shown as "1;2;3", use a formula as below for this part in Flow.Run():

Left(Concat(DataCardValueSubject.SelectedItems.Value, Concatenate(Text(Value), ";")),Len(Concat(DataCardValueSubject.SelectedItems.Value, Concatenate(Text(Value), ";"))) - 1)

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Updating Managed Metadata Column value in Flow via PowerApps

Hi @Vonnie ,

Please share the related configuration of your flow, especially for where you put this DataCardValueSubject value inside flow. A screenshot would be even better. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Is DataCardValueSubject a combo box control inside a Form data card? If so, is this combo box control added by default when you select to add this Managed Metadata Column inside the form or did you add it manually? 

According to your screenshot here:

Capture.JPG

I think the issue maybe that in your flow, this field expects for text value, but SelectedItems would return a table in fact. This also explains that Selected.Value does not have the error, but SelectedItems does. 

If this is the situation, then you need to decide how would you like the selected values to show in your flow. For example, you have selected the options of 1,2,3. Then if you want the result to be shown as "1;2;3", use a formula as below for this part in Flow.Run():

Left(Concat(DataCardValueSubject.SelectedItems.Value, Concatenate(Text(Value), ";")),Len(Concat(DataCardValueSubject.SelectedItems.Value, Concatenate(Text(Value), ";"))) - 1)

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 325 members 6,436 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: