cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating Picklists

When I update a custom picklist, the cards tied to it in my PowerApps form dont update thier contents. I've saved the picklist, entity tied to the picklist, and refreshed the form many times, but the dorpdowns tied to the picklist still contain the same old options. How can I fix this?

Dropdown.jpgPicklist1.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Updating Picklists

Hi mlambrecht,

I test this issue on my side. I create a custom picklist first, then add it to a custom entity, then create an app based on the custom entity.

Then I modify the custom picklist by adding a new item to it. On the app based on the entity, the newly added item won’t appear though I have refreshed the data source for several times.

Finally, I found out a way to show it. What I do is to delete the picklist on the entity first, then delete the custom picklist and create a new one. Then re-add the new picklist to the entity. On the app, refresh the data source, all the picklist items will be shown.

Please try if this will work for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You Mabel!

It ends up updating eventually, it just takes a day or so. I was hoping not to have to delete the picklist on my entity, because I have many fields feeding off of the same picklist and it would be a pain to have to delete and remake every single one.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi mlambrecht,

I am really glad to hear that it works for you eventually.

I assume that it might be a sync issue on Common Data Service.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
MarcBailey
Level 8

Hi - hope all is well.

Can Microsoft provide some insight into when and if the updates to Picklist will become somewhat real time.  I am developing an App and have been waiting over a day to see the new Picklist values updated in my Forms.  Picklist values are and will always have to be updated and I can't image the App Users having to wait days to see the New Values.  Makes no sense that this has not been resolved.

I really want to use PowerApps and the Microsoft products and have a tremendous amount of time invested trying to sort through all of the basic issues that do not seem to be getting addressed, as well as there is minimal feedback on what is going on. 

What is going on?  Is PowerApps just some side project that does not have enough resources committed to it?  I just am having a hard time comprehending how basic elements are not addressed.

Marc B.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,954)