Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marta_Pezzato
Level: Power Up

Upgrade from CDS 1.0 to CDS 2.0

I created an app on CDS 1.0.

Yesterday, CDS 1.0 upgraded on CDS 2.0.

Now my app doesn't work beacause  it can't see CDS 2.0 on my enviroment.

Any help is appreciated...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Upgrade from CDS 1.0 to CDS 2.0

Hi @Marta_Pezzato,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Could you please show more details about the error message within your app?

Do you upgrade your CDS 1.0 to CDS 2.0 within your environment?

If you upgrade your previous version of CDS to CDS for Apps, it would preserve any apps or flows that use the previous version of CDS.

Note: When you upgrade your previous version of CDS to CDS for Apps, the resources within your previous version of CDS would also be merged into the new version of CDS (CDS 2.0).

Please consider take a try to re-create a new connection to your CDS Entity within your app, then re-publish your app, try your app again, check if the issue is solved.

More details about upgrading CDS 1.0 to CDS 2.0, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/common-data-service/upgradecds/introduction-upgrade-cds

If the issue still exists, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHH
Level: Powered On

I am hesitant to push the 'Upgrade now' button for the very reason that it could break previously built applications. I haven't seen any documentation or notice saying its safe or what the risks are. Would appreciate a Microsoft Employee's thoughts on this?
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Marta_Pezzato,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Could you please show more details about the error message within your app?

Do you upgrade your CDS 1.0 to CDS 2.0 within your environment?

If you upgrade your previous version of CDS to CDS for Apps, it would preserve any apps or flows that use the previous version of CDS.

Note: When you upgrade your previous version of CDS to CDS for Apps, the resources within your previous version of CDS would also be merged into the new version of CDS (CDS 2.0).

Please consider take a try to re-create a new connection to your CDS Entity within your app, then re-publish your app, try your app again, check if the issue is solved.

More details about upgrading CDS 1.0 to CDS 2.0, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/common-data-service/upgradecds/introduction-upgrade-cds

If the issue still exists, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Marta_Pezzato
Level: Power Up

Hi Kris, sure!

I used to work in the environment  with CDS 1.0.

On 10/01/2019 Microsoft upgraded my environment from CDS 1.0 to CDS 2.0. Consequently, the environment with CDS 1.0 has become a new environment with CDS 2.0.

My apps and my flows have been preserved. My connections have been re-created.

The problem is the following: in the old enviroment with CD 1.0, I created customized entities and they have not been upgraded in CDS 2.0 (I suppose they have been deleted because now I can’t see them in the new enviroment).

Conclusion: my app doesn’t work because there aren’t my customized entities in the new enviroment

In the attachment, the pictures might help you to understand the problem 

Thank you for your help

Best regards,

Marta

@v-xida-msft

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (2,648)