cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apoorvu
Level: Powered On

Upload data of Excel File to SQL table through powerapps

Hi All,

Here's my requirement - I get excel sheets from 4 vendors each month.  (4 different car leasing companies giving me details about my company's fleet resources)

I was thinking of creating a powerapp that allows users to directly upload these excel sheets to a sql table. I understand there is no direct way to do this. So, can I use sharepoint to upload each of these excel files and then run a job that takes the content of the sharepoint files and pushes them to a sql database? I'll have 4 tables for each of the vendors' data. And a 5th table that will hold the consolidated data. (Can run a stored proceudre for this). The goal is to create power bi reports for the fleet data, which is why I wanted to store all of our data onto a sql database. Right now, we have lots of distributed excel sheets.

Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Level 8

Re: Upload data of Excel File to SQL table through powerapps

@apoorvu
All of your requirements can be accomplished using Microsoft Flow. In fact, you might not even need PowerApps at all. I suggest you research Flow and once you are ready to build you could ask any questions in the Flow Community.

Link to Flow Community
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community/ct-p/FlowCommunity

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others can find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mdevaney
Level 8

Re: Upload data of Excel File to SQL table through powerapps

@apoorvu
All of your requirements can be accomplished using Microsoft Flow. In fact, you might not even need PowerApps at all. I suggest you research Flow and once you are ready to build you could ask any questions in the Flow Community.

Link to Flow Community
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community/ct-p/FlowCommunity

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others can find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 178 members 5,787 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: