cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FABIAN50
Level: Powered On

Uppercase text and conditional

Hi, 

I have a powerAPP form that is saved in a Sharepoint list. I want to know how to do so that the text that captures the form is always saved in uppercase in the list. I also have another query, it is the following: Through the form applications are created, I want that each user can only see the requests that he has sent, I have managed that a user see all the requests including of other users, and also that none is shown, but the idea is that only see your own requests. Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Re: Uppercase text and conditional

To convert the user input to upper case when saving the form: select the card that has the field you want changed, then go to the Advanced pane and update the 'Update' property by wrapping the existing value in the Upper function:

ForumPost001.PNG

Notice that you'll need to first unlock that card to update the property.

Once that is done (and saved / published to SharePoint), when the user saves the form, the value for the field will be converted to uppercase before being sent to the SP list.

View solution in original post

pathomson

You can use the User().FullName or User().Email function to filter the specific user requests on the opening of the form.

3 REPLIES 3
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

To convert the user input to upper case when saving the form: select the card that has the field you want changed, then go to the Advanced pane and update the 'Update' property by wrapping the existing value in the Upper function:

ForumPost001.PNG

Notice that you'll need to first unlock that card to update the property.

Once that is done (and saved / published to SharePoint), when the user saves the form, the value for the field will be converted to uppercase before being sent to the SP list.

pathomson

You can use the User().FullName or User().Email function to filter the specific user requests on the opening of the form.

Highlighted
javierz

is correct

Upper(DataCardValue87.Text)

thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,818)