cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhn1
Level: Powered On

Urgent! Error opening file

Help!! When I try to open my app for authoring, I get the message Error Opening File - There was an error opening the file.  I tried in Firefox, Chrome and Edge browsers.  Each had the same result.  I was up most of the night trying to fix a difficult issue, got my app working correctly, finally, and now at 5:18 am I can't open it any more.  I have no idea what went wrong.

Here is some info that may help:

ErrorOpeningFile.JPG

I am really needing to get this app back.  Can anyone help?

Thanks!

jhn1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
admin5434

Re: Urgent! Error opening file

If it's an app, you can go via powerapps.com > Apps. Click ... on the app in question, and click Details.
If you click Versions on the next screen, you can roll back to an older version (Click ... followed by restore).

If the app is linked to a Sharepoint list, you have to go to List settings > Form settings > See versions and usage to get to the same screen.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
admin5434

Have you tried rolling back to a previous version?

jhn1

Thanks for the fast reply.  I am not sure how to roll back to a previous version when I can't open the app for authoring.  I believe versions are available from the save menu area which is exposed when the app is open. 

jhn1

admin5434

If it's an app, you can go via powerapps.com > Apps. Click ... on the app in question, and click Details.
If you click Versions on the next screen, you can roll back to an older version (Click ... followed by restore).

If the app is linked to a Sharepoint list, you have to go to List settings > Form settings > See versions and usage to get to the same screen.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
jhn1

It worked!  @admin5434 thanks for your fast reply and I am so grateful it worked.  - jhn1

PowerApps Staff EvanChakiMSFT
PowerApps Staff

We have updated our support page with the latest updates for this issue: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

jiwanovski

@jhn1 @EvanChakiMSFT @admin5434 

I do have the same problem. The last version which is running is over 5 hours ago. 

It cannot be that I through away about 5 hours of work. This is really a no go. 

Please help me...

Is there any other idea? What is the reason? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 309 members 3,250 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: