Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jbaggett
Level: Powered On

Use Column in data source and upload inputs as Row in Another source

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is doable and I am open to suggestions on different ways to do this. 

I currently have two lists: Quote Tracker and Suppliers. 

Suppliers has all suppliers and their contact information which is used in other tables and forms and galleries to view supplier data, update, and delete data. Therefore, the supplier Names are in a Column.

Quote Tracker has an item with a Unique ID Header Column and then each supplier has their own column which prices are input per unique ID. So the suppliers in the this one are the headers. 

I want a user to search for a Unique ID, find it in a gallery and select the item. -->Go to next page, see a list of all vendors and check/mark all those they are sending out for quotes. (Not all vendors are used every time.) Save the record with all check marked vendors having an X under their column. 

I want the area of the check box to be a gallery pulling from the Suppliers data source. 

I have everything set up. They can select the Unique ID and go to the next page and see a gallery with checkboxes of all suppliers. I cannot figure out how to get the checkedboxes to upload into Quote tracker data source. Basically ... If boxchecked, then SupplierGallery.SupplierName = column header in collection with X value for QuoteGallery.UniqeID.  (I know this is not proper syntax for any of it, but hopefully gives some idea of what I'm visualizing). 

I'm thinking some sort of collection? But I just don't know how. I like the idea of a gallery with checked boxes for the suppliers because when the users add/deletes suppliers these checkboxes will auto-update. 

Again I am open to other suggestions.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Use Column in data source and upload inputs as Row in Another source

Hi @jbaggett ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to patch data back to your Quote tracker data source from your Gallery with Checkboxes are checked?

Further, which filter condition do you want to specify in your formula?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the OnCheck property and OnUncheck property of the Checkbox in your Gallery could achieve your needs.

You could type proper Patch formula within the OnCheck property and OnUncheck property of the Checkbox to update the specific record in your Quote tracker data source.

The standard Patch formula as below:

Patch(
           'Quote tracker data source',
           LookUp('Quote tracker data source', UniqueID = QuoteGallery.UniqeID),
{
ChnagedColumn: "Specific Value"
} )

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jbaggett
Level: Powered On

Hello,

Thanks for the response. I already have the filter done, that was just explaining my step process. 

If patching will work that is fine, but I don't even know how to start. 

User will select Item from Gallery (this works fine, no help needed) [See picture 1]

Next page shows. User will see data and check box neccessary suppliers [See picture 2]

Save button will be pushed and some how the checked boxes will upload to test list on the row with the matching unique ID to the selected item from picture 1. 

My problem is transposing data from user seeing a gallery of Supplier Name Column from Supplier List. Selecting the ones they want and then IF supplier is checked, then it will upload into 'test list' as a row per the unique ID. 

My vision is that in the future, the user will come back and search for the unique ID and be able to see all supplier that they sent an email to asking for a quote. 

I am using sharepoint list but see the example pictures below as an example:

image.pngPicture 1 - Page 1: filters from Test List Sharepoint (picture 4)-->Select pencil (this works)image.pngPicture 2 - Page 2: form shows selected Unique ID Data, and Supplier Gallery which is pulled from Supplier List in Sharepoint (See Picture3)(Names blackout)image.pngPicture 3 - Supplier List Exampleimage.pngPicture 4 - Test List example

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jbaggett ,

Could you please share a bit more about scenario?

Do you want to patch the Supplier Gallery items with Checkbox is checked data back to your 'Test List'?

If you want to patch the Supplier Gallery items with Checkbox is checked data back to your 'Test List', I think the ForAll function could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnSelect property of the "Save" button within the Screen 2 (Page 2) to following:

ForAll(
         Filter(SupplierGallery.AllItems, CheckBox1.Value = true),
If(
 QuoteGallery.Selected.UniqeID in 'Test List'.'Unique ID',
Patch( /* <-- Modify existing record with selected Unique ID */
'Test List',
LookUp('Test List', 'Unique ID' = QuoteGallery.Selected.UniqeID),
{
'Supplier 1': If('Supplier Name' = 'Supplier 1', Contact),
'Supplier 2': If('Supplier Name' = 'Supplier 2', Contact),
'Supplier 3': If('Supplier Name' = 'Supplier 3', Contact)
}
),
Patch( /* <-- Add new record with selected Unique ID */
'Test List',
Defaults('Test List'),
{
'Supplier 1': If('Supplier Name' = 'Supplier 1', Contact),
'Supplier 2': If('Supplier Name' = 'Supplier 2', Contact),
'Supplier 3': If('Supplier Name' = 'Supplier 3', Contact)
}
)
) )

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 186 members 5,315 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: