cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AntwainPatrick
Level: Powered On

Use SharePoint Choice Column to control what displays on PowerApp List Screen

Greeting from the desert,

I have 4 screens in my app, all connected to the same SharePoint List and each screen assigned per company group.  I would like to filter each screen based on a SharePoint choice column 'Project Status'.  In brief, Screen 1 only shows the Sharepoint list items when 'In Drafting' is selected.  Screen 2 only shows the Sharepoint list items when 'In Design' is selected.  Screen 3 only shows the SharePoint list items when 'In Review' is selected.  Screen 4 is where each end user can edit the Powerapp via an edit form and where I'm assuming the filter will need to be placed.  Also the Screens should all be blank if none of the 3 options are selected at all.  Sharing a link to a video or documents would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mcolbert
Level 8

Re: Use SharePoint Choice Column to control what displays on PowerApp List Screen

@AntwainPatrick ,

Choice columns can be used in a Filter() function using the choice columns enumeration of options defined. Your filter will look something like Filter(SharepointList, 'Project Status' = 'Project Status'.'In Drafting'). 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mcolbert
Level 8

Re: Use SharePoint Choice Column to control what displays on PowerApp List Screen

@AntwainPatrick ,

Choice columns can be used in a Filter() function using the choice columns enumeration of options defined. Your filter will look something like Filter(SharepointList, 'Project Status' = 'Project Status'.'In Drafting'). 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

AntwainPatrick

@mcolbert what I used was : Filter('Project Schedule', 'Project Status'.Value = "Setup Needed")  to get it to filter properly.  If I wanted multiple filters I assume the  function would repeat at end of function?

Filter('Project Schedule', 'Project Status'.Value = "Setup Needed", "Setup Completed")

Thank you

AntwainPatrick

@mcolbert  find right solution for multiple filters: Filter('Project Schedule', 'Project Status'.Value = "Setup Needed" || 'Project Status'.Value = "Setup Completed")

@mcolbert wrote:

@AntwainPatrick ,

Hope this helps.

AntwainPatrick

@mcolbert   quick question.  Is there a way to sort by date but keep the filter active?  I'm struggling with that function right now. I'm trying to combine them but it keeps failing.

(Filter('Project Schedule', 'Project Status'.Value = "Setup Needed" || 'Project Status'.Value = "Setup Completed") works

&

Sort('Project Schedule', 'Due Date') works

Attempt to combine the two fails:

SortByColumns(Filter('Project Schedule', 'Project Status'.Value = "Setup Needed" || 'Project Status'.Value = "Setup Completed"), 'Due Date', If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

AntwainPatrick

Sort(Filter('Project Schedule', 'Project Status'.Value = "Setup Needed" || 'Project Status'.Value = "Setup Completed"), 'Due Date', Ascending)

Little more reading and I got it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 370 members 6,556 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: