cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

User Profiles

Is there any way to make different profiles for different users on PowerApps? I am working on a reporting app will users will have to input 2 entries each month and a report is to come out saying how much each user have entered. I have looked into Office 365 Profile, but it seems like it is not what I am looking for. Currently, I am using Sharepoint to store all of my data. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
emh
Level 8

Re: User Profiles

Hello,

I am doing something similar but storing the user data in a separate Azure SQL table. SharePoint should be the same basic way: a separare SharePoint list. In the OnStart property of my app, I grab the current userID and place it in a global variable.

SET(globalUser, User().Email)

globalUser is the key column for the added data table.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
emh
Level 8

Hello,

I am doing something similar but storing the user data in a separate Azure SQL table. SharePoint should be the same basic way: a separare SharePoint list. In the OnStart property of my app, I grab the current userID and place it in a global variable.

SET(globalUser, User().Email)

globalUser is the key column for the added data table.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just realized that in order to use PowerApps, you need to log into your business account, so I will look more into the User function. Thank you for the recommendation. I am a week new to PowerApps 🙂 What are you doing especially for your project, if I may ask?

emh
Level 8

Hello,

I am a year into my project.  I developed a Pension and Benefit System over Azure SQL database.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,028)