cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ShanP
Level: Powered On

Users asked for Bing API Key

When other users try my app, while it is loaded they get a prompt asking them for a bing api key. I have a key myself so it does not ask me for this. Is there any way for the user to bypass this or fill in the key automatically. I'm not sure how I can share this app to be used if there is this huge inconvienience.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Users asked for Bing API Key

Hi ShanP,

Thanks for feedback.

May you try to add the key under in the description of the app under Settings. Then you shared users will get the key before they use the app.

The first time they open the shared app on their side, please suggest them to open it on Web player, then click Details to get the key under description.

You could also consider to submit a request at PowerApps Ideas Forum, hope PGs will take it into consideration:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi ShanP,

I assume that you have seen this documentation about “Share app resources”:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/share-app-resources/

From this documentation we know that when we share an app, we also need to share the connections. Some connections are shared automatically, while others require shared users to create connections using their own credentials.

So the first time shared users open the app on their side, they will be asked to fill the Bing API key. It won’t appear once it is created successfully.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ShanP
Level: Powered On

Is this any way I can send the user this key or display it? The problem is that the user is asked for the key upon starting the app.. This is a huge inconvenience as I have made this app for users that I don't personally know..

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi ShanP,

Thanks for feedback.

May you try to add the key under in the description of the app under Settings. Then you shared users will get the key before they use the app.

The first time they open the shared app on their side, please suggest them to open it on Web player, then click Details to get the key under description.

You could also consider to submit a request at PowerApps Ideas Forum, hope PGs will take it into consideration:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

View solution in original post

KC
Level 8

We had to go back to using the standard SharePoint form because of this, it did not go over well.

Users should never ever be asked to input or even see the key.

This does not happen with our standalone PowerApps, only with the embedded SharePoint List form scenario.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 128 members 5,401 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: