cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul13
Level: Powered On

Using Powerapps/flow to run an excel formula

Hi,

I have an app that has 3 different inputs for an athlete Jump height, jump 1, jump 2 and jump 3.

I currently have a form in powerapps that the athlete enters in the jump height after each jump. This is then sent to an excel table where it is input into 3 different columns.

This is where I am stuck.

I would like to have the excel spreadsheet sort the data into different sheets (each athlete has there own sheet), then calculate the average jump height for the 3 jumps, compair that average to their 'best' jump, then send this result back to the app. Then powerapps can display the result. (hope that makes sense)

Is this possible? or is there another way of doing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Using Powerapps/flow to run an excel formula

Hi @Paul13 ,

How would you like to compair that average to their 'best' jump? In other words, how would you like the result to display in PowerApps?

Since you want each jump has its own sheet, when you will need to have 3 sheets with 3 tables in this excel file. Then connect these 3 tables as 3 separated data sources in this app. Each table should connect its own edit form control to update its data. Submit the data to 3 tables with one button, set its OnSelect property to:

SubmitForm(Form1);SubmitForm(Form2);SubmitForm(Form3)

You could use the Average function to get the average jump height:

Average(DataCardValue1.Text,DataCardValue2.Text,DataCardValue3.Text)

DataCardValue1/2/3 are the text controls that hold the value of each jump in each edit form.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TheRobRush
Level 8

Have to say I think the layout of your app is far more complicated than it needs to be.

If there's a reason for it feel free to disregard, but what I would suggest is

Connect to Sharepoint instead

Make each jumpers submission create a new row that looks like

NAME   JUMP 1   JUMP 2   JUMP 3

after every submission clearcollect the jumptable into powerapps via IE. localjumptable

then powerapps itself can do all your averages and any other stats you can come up with on it's own

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Paul13 ,

How would you like to compair that average to their 'best' jump? In other words, how would you like the result to display in PowerApps?

Since you want each jump has its own sheet, when you will need to have 3 sheets with 3 tables in this excel file. Then connect these 3 tables as 3 separated data sources in this app. Each table should connect its own edit form control to update its data. Submit the data to 3 tables with one button, set its OnSelect property to:

SubmitForm(Form1);SubmitForm(Form2);SubmitForm(Form3)

You could use the Average function to get the average jump height:

Average(DataCardValue1.Text,DataCardValue2.Text,DataCardValue3.Text)

DataCardValue1/2/3 are the text controls that hold the value of each jump in each edit form.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 154 members 4,979 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: