cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Using a Toggle Switch to Change Data Source in a Dropdown

Hello,

I'm trying to use a toggle switch that when switch ON will change the data source of a drop down menu. The data source for the drop down menu will be either be Collection1 or Collection2. What I want my users to be able to do is to have the option to selection from either a specific portion of a collection or a seperate one. Here's the current formula that I'm using that works:

If(RosterToggle.Value = true, Collection1.Name, Collection2.Name)

This will allow me to select rosters from either collection. Works just fine.

However, if I want to be reference a specfic part of the either collection, turns up an error. 

If(RosterToggle.Value = true, Text(Filter(CachedSelectSchedule,
 Shift = TimeOfDay.SelectedText.Value),Rs1Day), CachedSelectSchedule.CrewMember)

What's the best way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Using a Toggle Switch to Change Data Source in a Dropdown

Hi @BrendonBrooksP1 ,

Could you share more information about the error information?
Is ‘Rs1Day’ a Column name in CachedSelectSchedule?

According to my test, I found there are two point wrong with your formula.

First, I think there is no need to use Text function, and the usage of Text function in your formula is inappropriate.
Text function is used to converts any value or formats a number or date/time value to a string of text. For more information, please refer to this doc: Text function in PowerApps

Second, the columns of two Collections you choose as the item of drop down list should have the same column name.
So you need two collections to store the items with the same column name. and then the issue will be fixed.

Finally, please refer to my test:
The item property of dropdown list: If(Toggle1.Value=true, Filter(collection1,name="A").shift, collection2.shift)
Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG
Best regards,
Sik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hnguy71
Level 8

Try this:

If(RosterToggle.Value, Distinct(Filter(CachedSelectSchedule, Shift = TimeOfDay.SelectedText.Value), Rs1Day), Distinct(CacheSelectSchedule, CrewMember))
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @BrendonBrooksP1 ,

Could you share more information about the error information?
Is ‘Rs1Day’ a Column name in CachedSelectSchedule?

According to my test, I found there are two point wrong with your formula.

First, I think there is no need to use Text function, and the usage of Text function in your formula is inappropriate.
Text function is used to converts any value or formats a number or date/time value to a string of text. For more information, please refer to this doc: Text function in PowerApps

Second, the columns of two Collections you choose as the item of drop down list should have the same column name.
So you need two collections to store the items with the same column name. and then the issue will be fixed.

Finally, please refer to my test:
The item property of dropdown list: If(Toggle1.Value=true, Filter(collection1,name="A").shift, collection2.shift)
Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG
Best regards,
Sik

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,778)