Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
patty789
Level: Powered On

Using a Toggle, a label and a text box

Hello,

I have a toggle control that if you select it as Yes it will display a lable call test, but when user selects No the lable disappears and i have the text box to type anything, my issue is when i hit submit and i select No whatever i typed is not showing up and on my Sharepoint list datasource it shows as false. I have a formula in the visible property of the label that says this If(toggle.Value=true && IsBlank(textinput2.text),true,false). Any help will be much appriciated. 

Pic 18.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Level 8

Re: Using a Toggle, a label and a text box

If I understand correctly you want to reference the text input when the toggle is YES and reference the label when the toggle is NO. The solution applied to UPDATE should look something like this...

If(Toggle.Value=True,TextInput.Text,Label.Text)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mdevaney
Level 8

@patty789 

You must review the UPDATE property of your DataCard because it is currently referencing the toggle. It will look something like this.

DataCardValue_Toggle.Value

Instead, you want UPDATE to reference the Text label.  It should look something like this.

DataCardValue_TextInput.Text

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

patty789

@mdevaney Is it possible to show both? So if user select yes the Test lable shows up and that is what i want, but when they select No and the label dissapears and its left with the text box i want the user to type as well on the text box. Currently my text box does not recognize when i type anything on the text box. How can i put both the lable and the text box in the UPDATE property?

mdevaney
Level 8

If I understand correctly you want to reference the text input when the toggle is YES and reference the label when the toggle is NO. The solution applied to UPDATE should look something like this...

If(Toggle.Value=True,TextInput.Text,Label.Text)

View solution in original post

patty789

@mdevaney Thank you so much that worked for me. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 88 members 5,435 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: