cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrocks22
Level: Powered On

Using expressions

Hello people,

I'm trying to create switching slides interface for my app, current I have two buttons on either side of my screen and 5 dots in a horizontal line in the center. I would like to be able to press one side button and a blue dot will move from one grey to the next.

Eg. Screen - OnVisible - Set(ProductNo,1) ,,this is meant to set the blue dot onto the first grey dot of the line.

Right arrow - OnSelect - If(ProductNo<>5,ProductNo+1),, this is meant to move the blue dot over one and prevent the amount from increasing past 5.

Left arrow - OnSelect - If(ProductNo<>1,ProductNo-1),, this is meant to move the blue dot over one and prevent the amount from decreasing below 1.

Also I have just realised that I forgot to include, the 5 blue dots are below 5 grey dots in the centre line.

The grey dots each have the expression If(ProductNo=1,false,true) and the number changes depending on their position in the line.

Thanks,

M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Using expressions

Hi @Mrocks22 ,

"<>" means that not equal.

According to your expression, you want to "prevent the amount from increasing past 5" and "prevent the amount from decreasing below 1"

So I suggest you modify your fomula like this:

Right arrow - OnSelect - If(ProductNo<5,ProductNo+1)

Left arrow - OnSelect - If(ProductNo>1,ProductNo-1)

Here's a doc about operator for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/operators

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mrocks22 

Your formulas look good. Could you clarify your exact question? What part of this doesn't work for you, are you seeing any error messages, how would you like us to help you with this?

Mrocks22
Level: Powered On

Hi Timl,

Well when I try to do this, and click the right button the blue circle doesn't move however it still appears which I don't understand why.

@timl wrote:

Hi @Mrocks22 

Your formulas look good. Could you clarify your exact question? What part of this doesn't work for you, are you seeing any error messages, how would you like us to help you with this?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Mrocks22 ,

"<>" means that not equal.

According to your expression, you want to "prevent the amount from increasing past 5" and "prevent the amount from decreasing below 1"

So I suggest you modify your fomula like this:

Right arrow - OnSelect - If(ProductNo<5,ProductNo+1)

Left arrow - OnSelect - If(ProductNo>1,ProductNo-1)

Here's a doc about operator for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/operators

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,776)