Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FlexLuthor77
Level: Powered On

Using the launch function to generate an email draft with an embedded link

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a button that will allow for  a user to open a draft email with an embeded link.  In my case I have a list of Adobe Sparks and URL links to those sparks all held within a collection.  I am able to use flow to send an email with the link but now the user wants to be able to open a draft and edit the message with the link already in the draft.  

I thought since the draft is still set to HTML by default I could do the following:

Launch("mailto:" & TextInput1.Text & "&subject=subject&body="& "<a href="& Dropdown1.Selected.URL & ">"&Dropdown1.Selected.Spark & "</a>")

However that doesnt embed the link within the Spark name.  Instead it just gives me the generic HTML command.  Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
egallis
Level 10

Re: Using the launch function to generate an email draft with an embedded link

Hi @FlexLuthor77,

Why not using the Office365.SendEmail() function from the Office365 connector ? Then you don't need the flow anymore and build up your mail inside PowerApps and let the user edit it before sending it directly from PowerApps.

Or maybe I didn't understand your goal here...

Emmanuel

FlexLuthor77
Level: Powered On

Re: Using the launch function to generate an email draft with an embedded link

Unfortunately, I dont think I can just let them edit it within powerapps.  Things like Signatures and other graphics may get lost that way.  Any way to trick the Lunch function to read HTML functions?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 322 members 6,127 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: