cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanderson82
Level: Powered On

Using timer to track time / multiple users/ manufacturing environment

Hi

I have a few questions based on an app I've been asked to produce within a manufacturing environment.  Idea is that before a user starts a process, they select their name, the job and then hit start.  When the job is complete they hit stop, enter some information and then complete the task.  Behind the scenes this info is recording on a couple of different SP lists for job costing (Power BI report).  For example names listed in a gallery on the right side of the screen, when a user selects their name, timer buttons and input boxes appear on the right for selecting the task, starting/stopping the timer and completing the task?

Questions

1) Is it possible to have multiple timers running at one time?  i.e. can one person go to a screen, select their name and job and start a timer, then app goes back to default.  Another user comes along, selects their name and job and starts the timer.  Then at some point the first person would come back, select their job where the timer is running and be able to stop it?

2) With the environment this will be in, I'm proposing a mini PC that runs the app on startup, screen will be touch screen (no keyboard/mouse).  Is it possible to run apps with an anonymous account, or without having to enter O365 account details to access the app?  if not is there a workaround for this? eg generic account with non-expiring password that never prompts?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Using timer to track time / multiple users/ manufacturing environment

Hi @sanderson82 ,

1)Do you want to use two timers in one screen?

Of course yes.

Different timers's starting or ending will not effect each other.

I've made a similar test for your reference:

In my test, if you click this timer the first time, the timer will start.

If you click this timer the second time, the timer will end.

If you click this timer again, the timer will start,....

Set the timer's OnSelect:

Set(var1,1+var1)

set the timer's Start:

If(Mod(var1,2)=1,true,false)

//I use variable to justify the times you click on the timer

insert another timer, use variable var2 to decide whether the timer starts or ends.

1173.PNG

2)I'm afraid it's not supported to make this currently in PowerApps.

For now, you should log in with your account to use PowerApps app.

And the identification of your account will be invalid after some time. After it becomes invalid, you need to login again.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sanderson82
Level: Powered On

Re: Using timer to track time / multiple users/ manufacturing environment

Hi @v-yutliu-msft thanks for your reply.  I've attached an example of a screen I have created.  Currently my app is as follows

- Home screen.  2 buttons (Cut, Bend)

- If Bend selected, navigates to user select screen (gallery showing employees)

- Button on gallery selection with the following code...

Select(Parent); If(Gallery2.Selected.Name = "Maciek", Navigate(S_Bend1,Fade),Navigate(S_Bend2,Fade))

This I think will work as I only have 2 employees that will use "Bend".  In my current method more users would mean more screens which is not ideal.  Is there an easier way that a certain screen/timer can be shown depending on the user selected?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,848)