cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prabhat007
Level: Powered On

Value of SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID not accessible in Screen OnVisible method

Hi,

I got stuck in very strange issue. I am not able to read Value of SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID inside Screen OnVisible method. When I assign SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID to some Label control then it works fine, but Value of SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID not accessible in Screen's OnVisible method. Please assist. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
WillPage
Level 8

Re: Value of SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID not accessible in Screen OnVisible method

You can store it in a varaiable OnVisible with UpdateContext({contextvariablename:  SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID}) and you can then use that context variable as the Text property of a label. 

Not sure what exactly you're trying to achieve by putting it in the OnVisible property of a screen though. Please explain more.

prabhat007
Level: Powered On

Re: Value of SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID not accessible in Screen OnVisible method

Hi @WillPage 

In fact I am having customized SharePoint PowerApp forms. I am having multiple SP Lists, one is kind of master list and others are child ones. In child lists I have Lookup column and referencing to ID column in master list. So on my PowerApp first screen I want to fetch data from child lists based on selected item id of master list. So for that purpose I am using OnVisible and putting Lookup() method to get data from child lists. So now in Lookup method I am not getting value of SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID. If I use SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID as text of a Label it is working fine but inside OnVisible not getting its value. Hope this clarifies and let me know if I am missing anything.

WillPage
Level 8

OnVisible doesn't accept any inputs itself. You can use it too do things like create a collection, populate a variable or refresh a data source for example, but you still need a control that can take the outputs of those actions and display them, such as a label, data table etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,068)