cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prabhat007
Level: Powered On

Value of SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID not accessible in Screen OnVisible method

Hi,

I got stuck in very strange issue. I am not able to read Value of SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID inside Screen OnVisible method. When I assign SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID to some Label control then it works fine, but Value of SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID not accessible in Screen's OnVisible method. Please assist. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
WillPage
Level 8

Re: Value of SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID not accessible in Screen OnVisible method

You can store it in a varaiable OnVisible with UpdateContext({contextvariablename:  SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID}) and you can then use that context variable as the Text property of a label. 

Not sure what exactly you're trying to achieve by putting it in the OnVisible property of a screen though. Please explain more.

prabhat007
Level: Powered On

Re: Value of SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID not accessible in Screen OnVisible method

Hi @WillPage 

In fact I am having customized SharePoint PowerApp forms. I am having multiple SP Lists, one is kind of master list and others are child ones. In child lists I have Lookup column and referencing to ID column in master list. So on my PowerApp first screen I want to fetch data from child lists based on selected item id of master list. So for that purpose I am using OnVisible and putting Lookup() method to get data from child lists. So now in Lookup method I am not getting value of SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID. If I use SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID as text of a Label it is working fine but inside OnVisible not getting its value. Hope this clarifies and let me know if I am missing anything.

WillPage
Level 8

OnVisible doesn't accept any inputs itself. You can use it too do things like create a collection, populate a variable or refresh a data source for example, but you still need a control that can take the outputs of those actions and display them, such as a label, data table etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 4,702 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: