cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trainblazer
Level: Powered On

Values won't pass to new form

Hello,

I have two forms on my PowerApp, New Risk Assessment and New Risk (multiple risks can be added to one risk assessment session). However, I am having difficulty passing the Risk Assessment ID and Title values to the New Risk form. 

Here is the code I had been using which worked last week but now whenever I navigate to a new page the Risk Assessment Title field is blank. 

titlecodeproblem.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Values won't pass to new form

@trainblazer 

Try changing your formula to the following:

Navigate('New Risk', Fade, {DataCardValue1: DataCardValue134.Text})

This will create and set a context variable on the 'New Risk' screen with the text value from the DataCardValue134 control.

If you are trying to set another DataCardValue1 control on the 'New Risk' screen, then this process will not work.  Instead, consider setting the Default property of your DataCard to the context variable.  Or better yet, skip the variable and just set the Default property to DataCardValue134.Text

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

@trainblazer 

Try changing your formula to the following:

This will create and set a context variable on the 'New Risk' screen with the text value from the DataCardValue134 control.

If you are trying to set another DataCardValue1 control on the 'New Risk' screen, then this process will not work.  Instead, consider setting the Default property of your DataCard to the context variable.  Or better yet, skip the variable and just set the Default property to DataCardValue134.Text

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

shailendra74
Level 10

you need to add "Text" as DataCardValue134.Text to pass the value.

Thanks.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @trainblazer ,

Could you please share a bit more about the DataCardValue134 within your formula?

Does the DataCardValue134 store the Risk Assessment Title value?

Based on the formula that you provided, I think there is something wrong with it. Please consider modify your formula as below:

Note: The DataCardValue134 represents a control rather than a Text value within your app.

In addition, as an alternative solution, you could also consider take a try to set the Risk Assessment Title value into a global variable, then you could use this global variable value in your app everywhere.

Modify your formula as below (set the OnSelect property of the "+" icon to following😞

Set(CurrentRiskAssessmentTitle, DataCardValue134.Text);
Navigate('New Risk', Fade)

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
trainblazer

The navigate formula still doesn't work but setting the default value did! Thank you so much!

Highlighted
trainblazer

Hi @RandyHayes ,

This solution had been working great for me however, I just realized that the passed ID value has not been saving to SharePoint. Any idea on what to do?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,765)