Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
anotherlama
Level: Powered On

Variable as default value for Data Card doesn't refresh

Hello everyone!
I have an edit form that is displaying different monetary values. In order to show them in correct formating, I have set the default values to variables like "varCateringCost". The onchange property is then set to:

Set(varCateringCost;
Text(Value(DataCardValue1.Text);"[$-de-DE]€ ###.##0"))

This works absolutely fine with all cases except of one:

If I change from 200 to 300, eg, it correctly displays € 200 and then € 300.
However, I realized, if I completly delete the text inside the input field, it looks to the user as if it was blank, but it still patches the old value to the sharepoint list. I created a workaround:

Set(varCateringCost;
If(IsBlank(DataCardValue1.Text) || DataCardValue1.Text = "" || IsEmpty(DataCardValue1.Text);
Text(Value("0");"[$-de-DE]€ ###.##0");
Text(Value(DataCardValue1.Text);"[$-de-DE]€ ###.##0")))

This works fine the first time. For example, changing fom € 300 to empty, it is displaying € 0 and thus should also patch 0.
However, if I remove "€ 0" again, the field is just staying empty. I tested the value of the variable outside the data card. The value seems to be "€ 0". This however is not correctly displayed inside the data card. I assume, the variable varCateringCost, which is the default value for the datacardvalue1 field, is not refreshed properly. Does anyone have an idea what to do? I am absolutly open for different ways of solving this. The only thing I need is the correct submission of an empty or blank field to the sharepoint list. Thanks a lot in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Variable as default value for Data Card doesn't refresh

Scrap the variables, reset it to how it was and put a label next to the input field with “€” in it,
If you want to be really clever you can put a rectangle around it all (position behind) to put a border around the whole lot so it appears as one box
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @anotherlama ,

I've made a similar test and met the same problem.

I've reported this issue to our product team. If there's any replay, I will leave  message here.

Firstly, I suggest you separate number and "$" like @Delid4ve  said. Then you could avoid the situation of not display "$".

Secondly, I suggest you not use variable to justify whether the textinput has value. Then you could avoid the default value becoming blank.

You could set this field's UpDate directly:

If(IsBlank(DataCardValue1.Text),0,Value(DataCardValue1.Text))

In this way, you could make sure that the update value is right.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
anotherlama
Level: Powered On

hi @Delid4ve and @v-yutliu-msft !
thanks a lot for your response! 
However, the currency formatting with "###.###" and the currency sign "€"  need to be included. Especially the dot between the thousands digit and the hundreds digit. If I continue as suggest, I think the formatting is not happening anymore. Is that correct? Any ideas what else I could do? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,946)