cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andries1
Level: Powered On

Variable

I've set a variable making use of Navigate('Scan Admin Screen', ScreenTransition.Cover, {ScanAdmin: DataCardKey28})

It pulls through to mentioned screen DataCardValue19.Text & "_" & ScanAdmin.Text

Everything appears to be working perfectly, but when I publish the app the Variable does not show the specific text?

The TextField shows "DataCardValue19(Content)_" but the last part(ScanAdmin variable) is missing or not showing at all?

Why is this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Variable

@Andries1 

You are getting this error because you have several instances of ScanAdmin within your app that store variables of differing data types.  There are only 2 solutions:

• Change the context variable ScanAdmin to a different name in that instance
  • Go through your entire app and make sure ScanAdmin always evaluates to Text

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@Andries1 

This code is missing a reference to the Text property of the DataCardKey and therefore will not return anything.  Please make the following change.

Navigate('Scan Admin Screen', ScreenTransition.Cover, {ScanAdmin: DataCardKey28.Text})

Please also note, you are creating ScanAdmin as a context variable so it will reset to Blank() when the user navigates away from 'Scan Admin Screen'.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Andries1
Level: Powered On

I thought so much as well, but when I entered the below I get the following error?

Super User
Super User

@Andries1 

You are getting this error because you have several instances of ScanAdmin within your app that store variables of differing data types.  There are only 2 solutions:

• Change the context variable ScanAdmin to a different name in that instance
  • Go through your entire app and make sure ScanAdmin always evaluates to Text

---

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,899)