cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcBailey
Level 8

Version 2.0.820 status

Has anyone's App been updated to 2.0.820 Version that was referred to in the What's New blog on March 6, 2018:

What's new

06 Mar 2018 Add attachments to SharePoint lists We are excited to announce the release of one of our most requested and anticipated features – attachments upload in PowerApps version 2.0.820. You can now use the Attachments control to add files to…
6 REPLIES 6
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Re: Version 2.0.820 status

This version is being rolled out this week; some regions already have the new version, while for others it will be updated soon. All users should see the new version by Friday (unless we identify a major problem in the deployment and need to roll it back).

MarcBailey
Level 8

Thanks for the update.  I am going to try and be tactful even though I continuously waste a tremendous amount of time with all the work arounds, etc.  Is anyone at Microsoft taking into consideration how things appear to the developers and users related to updates, fixes, etc.  Good example, the Blog Post: 05 Mar 2018 Upload Files from PowerApps to SQL Server  --  leading developers to think this was the Attachment solution and then the Blog Post: 06 Mar 2018 Add attachments to SharePoint lists  --  but the update may not be available in some areas for 3-4 days - but it doesn't say that. I have been working with the PowerApps platform for quite some time and have wasted more time than I would like to think because of the inconsistencies and lack of documentation.  The most relevant information from the Microsoft Team (PowerApps) is scattered amongst various posts, instead of provided in a structured manner.  I really think Microsoft could use a PowerApps Liaison to help disperse information in a consistent and relevant format.  Please do no assume that this rant was generated from the two referenced Blog Post - it goes much deeper than that.  PowerApps is a great platform but there needs to be more consideration for the amount of time that is being unnecessarily wasted by the developers because of unstructured and poor documentation and workarounds.

PowerApps Staff

That's a fair point; I'll bring it to the attention of the people who own the documentation. Thank you for your feedback!

Logato
Level: Powered On

Both my desktop app and online versions are both still showing 2.0.803.0 as of Thursday 9pm est

PowerApps Staff

The version 2.0.820 has now been deployed to all regions for the web version (https://create.powerapps.com); the desktop app should be updated soon.

Highlighted
MarcBailey
Level 8

Thanks for the update...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 188 members 5,697 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: