cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UB400
Level 10

Video viewer not showing on IOS devices

I tried testing a PowerApp that I'm building on two IOS devices, the first oe is an "old" iPad 2 (IOS 9. something "current") and then also tried  running it on an iPhone 6 (IOS 10.2.1).

In both cases the Video viewer does not show at all. Not only does the video not work, but the player itself does not show.

It works fine on Windows devices, but unfortunately in this case the target audience is iPad toting.

Has anyone had a similar experience, any suggestions to resolve the issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Video viewer not showing on IOS devices

Hi UB400,

Just tested with my iPhone 6 (10.2.1), and my video dispalys just fine. Please test with some other videos to see if the issue is related to the video, not powerapps.

Also make sure that you have added the video in the right way:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/add-images-pictures-audio-video/

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
UB400
Level 10

Re: Video viewer not showing on IOS devices

@v-monli-msft Thank you for getting back to me. I guess the issue I'm experiencing is the result of retrieving the value of the Media parameter from a Text field in a DataSource. I tried including " (Quotes) in the field when I entered it into the TextInput field, it's visible in the DataSource (CDS), but doesn't work when used as the source for the Video.

How can I achieve this? In  my case I cannot "Hardwire" the source of the video(s), I need the source URL to be retrieved from a DataSource.

Also how do I embed " (Quotes)? I tried ' " ' but that did not work

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,639)