cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
ChadVKealey
Level 10

Weird Patch (to SharePoint) issue - "Title: Field required", but Title is in formula?

I have an App where items are being saved into a collection (colItemsInOrder) and then using Patch within a ForAll statement to write the rows from that collection to a SharePoint list (Order Items). This was working previously and I didn't make any changes that should have impacted the behavior, but now I'm getting the "Title: Field required" error on that Patch statement. The odd thing is that Title IS in the Patch statement (see image below, Title is the first field specified). 

 

I've tried removing & re-adding the data source (with the whole save-publish-close-reopen bit in between), removing and re-adding just that section of the Patch code (also with the s-p-c-r routine). I know for a fact that the Title field is in the collection and that it has values, and, as I said, this worked previously, so I'm just stumped. 

 

2019-09-26_8-34-06.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChadVKealey
Level 10

Re: Weird Patch (to SharePoint) issue - "Title: Field required", but Title is in formula?

OK, now it's working. The only thing I changed to get it working was remove the "Value" function in the row BELOW the Title field in the Patch statement. I removed that because in a previous iteration of this app, I wasn't using "Value" there because the (SharePoint) field it was writing to was text, not a number. Anyway, after removing that, everything just worked. I re-added it and things still work. Very bizarre!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ChadVKealey
Level 10

Re: Weird Patch (to SharePoint) issue - "Title: Field required", but Title is in formula?

OK, now it's working. The only thing I changed to get it working was remove the "Value" function in the row BELOW the Title field in the Patch statement. I removed that because in a previous iteration of this app, I wasn't using "Value" there because the (SharePoint) field it was writing to was text, not a number. Anyway, after removing that, everything just worked. I re-added it and things still work. Very bizarre!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 87 members 5,351 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: