cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mob
Level: Powered On

Welcome Screen timeout?

I have 2 screens, and now I have one button on the first screen that I need to click in order to go on the second screen.

It is possible to pass to the second screen without the need of the button? to have a timeout ? lets say show a welcome screen for 3-4 seconds and then show he second screen? (e.g. look mobile apps when you start them, most of them have "welcome screen").

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Perumal
Level 10

Re: Welcome Screen timeout?

Add Timer Control [https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/control-timer/] in Screen1 with following properties

Timer1:

AutoStart : true
Duration: 4000
OnTimerEnd: Navigate(Screen2,ScreenTransition.None)

The above sample will make the navigation to Screen2 after 4 seconds automatically.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Perumal
Level 10

Add Timer Control [https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/control-timer/] in Screen1 with following properties

Timer1:

AutoStart : true
Duration: 4000
OnTimerEnd: Navigate(Screen2,ScreenTransition.None)

The above sample will make the navigation to Screen2 after 4 seconds automatically.

View solution in original post

mob

great! Thanks

one more thing, I would like to hide it, but when i make "visible false" the timer does not work anymore.... it needs to have visible true?

Perumal
Level 10

Set "Visible" to "false" to hide the timer. Also even after hidding the timer, it still works, make sure you have set AutoStart to true.

mob

when I make "false" does not work anymore... autostart is set to true.... when I make visible true it works normally

Perumal
Level 10

I have checked in PowerApps desktop app and web app, and this works fine for me. Try a new seperate app and check.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,782)