cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuelJ
Level 8

What is the SQL Limit for API calls?

Hello,

I'm think im hitting an API limitation for a sql server.  I find different limitations listed all over.  Can anyone confirm what the actual limitation is?  Im making 80 API calls and its throwing me an error. 

300 calls per person per 30 seconds: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sql/

800 per connection per 10 seconds: https://veenstra.me.uk/2018/07/17/microsoft-flow-connector-limits/ (I found this link from this PA community post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Rate-Limit-Exceeded-SQL-On-Premesis/...)

I am using the SQL Server connection not azure sql data connection.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: What is the SQL Limit for API calls?

Hi @samuelJ ,

The SQL API Call is actually limited to per connection rather than per user. If you have 100 people, all of them use same SQL Connection, in 10 seconds, each of them could send a SQL API Request.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @samuelJ ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you want to know the API Calls limits for SQL Connector in PowerApps?

Currently, the Throttling Limits on API calls per connection is 100 call in 10 seconds.

More details about the API Calls limits for SQL Connector in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sql/#limits

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
samuelJ
Level 8

@v-xida-msft thanks for you reply. 

This is what I am looking for.  There are different limiation listed through out documents.  I will take this to be the true limitation though. 

One other follow up before I accept anything as a solution.  Taking the below snap shot from the article you linked.  Reading it literally, the limiation is per connection.  Meaning if I have a sql connection in a app and 100 people are using the app essentialy each person can only make one API call with in that 10 seconds?  Am I interpretting this wrong?  Is the limitation actually per logged in user and not the connection as a whole? 

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @samuelJ ,

The SQL API Call is actually limited to per connection rather than per user. If you have 100 people, all of them use same SQL Connection, in 10 seconds, each of them could send a SQL API Request.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

samuelJ
Level 8

@v-xida-msft , thank you for this clarification.  I accept this as the solution.  

With that being said.  This limitation takes powerapps out of the running to be ran on a company wide scale.  If I want to deploy an app that will be used by hundreds of users even if I can get all their API calls down to one somehow.  Only 100 of then could use it at the same time, and even then it could run into issues...  

Thanks.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,259)